• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

How to drive traffic ?

CakeCode

Chevereto Member
Hi Everyone.

I have recently joined the club and now I have 2 of my sites with image hosting

I am looking for ways and avenues to drive traffic to my sites, also wondering if you could suggest best possible ideas to monetize these sites.

I am planning to submit one of the above listed URL's for Google AdSense but worried if they approve request to place their ads on these sites ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi! I'm sorry, I wasn't ignoring your private messages. Decided I'd reply as per my opinion.

Chevereto is not an easy get rich quick scheme. These don't really exist anymore on the internet. Nearly every original idea has been taken and been improved upon. Cost of development of this script is high, and us, as users seem to barely even cover it for the Chevereto team. This team also has to make a decent living. Developers often live in every expensive cities too.

Now, I admire those who want to take a stab at an image host. With the downfall of ImageShack, TinyPic, PhotoBucket, XiTo, Minus and Imgur's new rules, content deletion and other aspects, it is a scary world to be in right now. Your images aren't safe anymore. This is the niche I walked into. Imgur banned all use on forums. Did you know your account could be suspended for violating their rules for using their content on a forum? It is in their terms. ImageShack, TinyPic, PhotoBucket are all actively discourging hotlinking even in site elements now. They have added rogue redirects, some, will even redirect or cause issues on the websites that are direct linking to the new "chain" given. This void, could easily fuel the growth of Chevereto.

Your image sites are on a good path. But, you cannot shove monetizement down the throats. People that are savvy enough to find your hosts, right now if you're only advertising on Chevereto are likely to be far more versed in the internet. So, what does this mean? It means they're likely using Chrome and are running an ad blocking software. Thus, your ads will not show for your base from Chevereto. Many of us on Chevereto already have our own image hosting websites, so, we're going to use them.

You asked me how I am getting my traffic so fast, while you are struggling with yours--The answer is rather easy. I found a niche. A strong niche, a niche I am personally a part of that needed an image host. Nobody else wanted to make one for it, nobody else had one with favorable terms. Your terms of service on FreeImageSite are unfavorable to my niche. You outright state you will be deleting content on January 1, 2016. So, every designer that is even trying out your website will not even touch it with a ten foot pole once they hear that you delete content. This is why so many of us are pissed off at ImageShack and TinyPic. Hell, XiTo is gone now and were major once!

Now, for your site, Trollific - You consistently have talked about it here how it's for "trolling" photos. These are often photos shared directly to places like Facebook, Reddit, or other high volume forums. The target of people using Troll pictures, are the target that will right click the image and get the direct URL so they don't have any website clutter on it. Thus, this is direct traffic. Not traffic to your "views" page which you are serving ads, of which the people to click it are once again well versed in the internet and may be possibly running an ad block software.

Monetization is a tough game. I'm not even focusing on it right now. You aren't going to get rich overnight using Chevereto. But, you can use it to build a loyal community. My community has become increasingly tied with my host. It's been 6 months, and soon it'd be even longer. The longer I go without a hiccup to them, the longer I hold their trust. I'm seeing most of my users that signed up in February 2016 still coming back every other day and using my host for more content. This is extreme loyalty. A majority of the people who join my host will come back.

You need to find a community, latch to it. Support your community and they will support you. I did a small little sponsorship drive to a major niche forum in my category, which was a graphic design community targeting toward RP forums. They were strongly hit by the Imgur ban of forums (and yes, Imgur actually started banning non-reddit forums).

Also, if I may note... You share your website links and your photo of the giant smilie face or ad. But, you do not link to your site. When someone asks, you say look in your signature. This is a missed opportunity. You aren't going to get that person back. I suggest learning basic BBCode, it's super easy:
Code:
[url=http://yoursitehere.com][img]IMAGELINKHERE[/img][/url]

Sorry, I don't mean to sound harsh. This is my two cents.

People should look at the embed links provided and understand which one to use in which situation.

BBCode links are provided for just this purpose.

It is all too easy to just default to using the direct link when displaying your files on forums.

Back