• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

How to add the (Custom Footer) in your Cheverote Site with Admin Option

maxdome

Chevereto Member
Chevereto is becoming more powerful, is a system to share images and is the most requested worldwide.

Today I'll show you how to add a custom footer with colors and with the option to activate this menu in the admin panel.

What should I know before?
a) This Guide show you step by step how to add a Costum Footer on your home page.
b) This guide process is an extra code and has been tested with Chevereto versión 3.6.x
c) After a new updating of Chevereto, you should again follow the steps below.

Step 1 - Zip Archive:
Download file: https://zupics.com/downloads/saboxter.zip

Step 2 - Extract the files:
Code:
saboxter.css

Step 3 - Upload the file to your Chevereto website (FTP):
Code:
/lib/Peafowl/css/saboxter.css
if there is no (css) folder please create it.

Step 4 - Edit the header.php file:
Code:
/app/themes/Peafowl/header.php

Search this code snippet:
Code:
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="<?php echo CHV\get_system_image_url(CHV\getSetting('favicon_image')); ?>" sizes="114x114">

Step 5 - now add this code snippet below:
Code:
<!--//Start Custom Footer Script-->
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.2.0/css/font-awesome.min.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo G\get_base_url(); ?>/lib/Peafowl/css/saboxter.css">
<!--//End Custom Footer Script-->

Step 6 - Go to your Chevereto MySQL database and insert this sql code:
Code:
INSERT INTO `chv_settings` (`setting_id`, `setting_name`, `setting_value`, `setting_default`, `setting_typeset`) VALUES
('', 'custom_footer_enable', '0', '0', 'bool');

Step 7 - Now edit the file (dashboard.php) :
Code:
/app/themes/Peafowl/views/dashboard.php

Search this code:
Code:
 <div class="input-below"><?php _se('Color of the homepage call to action button.'); ?></div>
                    </div>

Step 8 - now add this code snippet below:
Code:
<!--CUSTOM FOOTER START-->
<div class="input-label">
<label for="custom_footer_enable"><?php _se('Custom Footer'); ?></label>
<div class="c5 phablet-c1"><select type="text" name="custom_footer_enable" id="custom_footer_enable" class="text-input">
<?php echo CHV\Render\get_select_options_html([1 => _s('Enabled'), 0 => _s('Disabled')], CHV\Settings::get('custom_footer_enable')); ?>
</select></div>
<div class="input-below input-warning red-warning clear-both"><?php echo get_input_errors()['custom_footer_enable']; ?></div>
<div class="input-below"><?php _se('Enable this to use the Custom Footer for the homepage.'); ?></div>
</div>
<!--CUSTOM FOOTER END-->

Step 9 - Now search the footer.sample.php and rename the file to footer.php:
Code:
/app/themes/Peafowl/custom_hooks/footer.sample.php

Step 10 - Edit the new file (footer.php) :
Code:
/app/themes/Peafowl/custom_hooks/footer.php

Step 11 - Add this Code after the: <?php /* Add your custom PHP/HTML code in this file */ ?>
PHP:
<?php if(CHV\getSetting('custom_footer_enable') > 0) { ?>
<footer class="saboxter phone-hide phablet-hide pop-btn pop-btn-auto pop-btn-auto pop-btn-show">
<div class="sabox-right">
<a href="#"><i class="fa fa-facebook"></i></a>
<a href="#"><i class="fa fa-twitter"></i></a>
<a href="#"><i class="fa fa-google"></i></a>
</div>
<div class="sabox-left">
<p class="sabox-links">
<li>
<a href="<?php echo G\get_base_url('page/tos'); ?>"><span class="top-btn-text"><span class="btn-text phone-hide phablet-hide">&raquo; <?php _se('Terms of service'); ?></span></span></a>
</li>
<li>
<a href="<?php echo G\get_base_url('page/privacy'); ?>"><span class="top-btn-text"><span class="btn-text phone-hide phablet-hide">&raquo; <?php _se('Privacy'); ?></span></span></a>
</li>
<li>
<a href="<?php echo G\get_base_url('page/contact'); ?>" rel="contact"><span class="top-btn-text"><span class="btn-text phone-hide phablet-hide">&raquo; <?php _se('Contact'); ?></span></span></a>
</li>
</p>
</div>
</footer>
<?php } ?>

Step 12 - Save and upload the new file in:
Code:
/app/themes/Peafowl/custom_hooks/footer.php

Here you can put the URL of your social and change social names:
Code:

If you want to add more menús or change with another, you need to edit or change this code to one:
Code:
<li>
<a href="<?php echo G\get_base_url('page/tos'); ?>"><span class="top-btn-text"><span class="btn-text phone-hide phablet-hide">&raquo; <?php _se('Terms of service'); ?></span></span></a>
</li>

Step 13 - Now go to your admin dashboard: -> settings -> homepage
Select: (Enable) the Custom Footer and click on the save button.

Now go to your Homepage web and check it.

Demo Admin:

4fa489bbb3fba0f9690f79f6344145dc.jpg

Demo Homepage:
3a8b9222b71e8cfa25a6230bf8ef010a.jpg

Good Luck

If you liked my idea, please click the "like" button :)

Best Regards:
Gio

Last edited:
Hello Want the Tema Footer up pick.
Have found a site where the bottom is a great footer area with links.
Make times the image with pure when it is not allowed please excuse and simply delete.
Would love even as a footer find no hint on how to make it in the manual unfortunately I will not go through, Trust also not what make me to the database.

It true even if you could do something because what is simple, perhaps even what that one will pretend there is only need activating.

Hallo Möchte das Tema Footer rauf holen.
Habe eine Seite gefunden wo unten ein toller Footer bereich mit Verbindungen ist.
Mache mal das Bild mit rein wenn es nicht erlaubt ist bitte Entschuldigung und einfach Löschen.
Würde sehr gerne auch so einen Footer finde keinen Hinweis wie man es machen kann, bei der Anleitung hier steige ich leider nicht durch, Traue mir auch nicht zu was an der Datenbank zu machen.

Es wahre schon wenn man da was machen könnte was einfacher ist, vielleicht auch das was vorgeben wird das man es nur Aktivieren braucht.

footer.JPG

Hello Want the Tema Footer up pick.
Have found a site where the bottom is a great footer area with links.
Make times the image with pure when it is not allowed please excuse and simply delete.
Would love even as a footer find no hint on how to make it in the manual unfortunately I will not go through, Trust also not what make me to the database.

It true even if you could do something because what is simple, perhaps even what that one will pretend there is only need activating.

Hallo Möchte das Tema Footer rauf holen.
Habe eine Seite gefunden wo unten ein toller Footer bereich mit Verbindungen ist.
Mache mal das Bild mit rein wenn es nicht erlaubt ist bitte Entschuldigung und einfach Löschen.
Würde sehr gerne auch so einen Footer finde keinen Hinweis wie man es machen kann, bei der Anleitung hier steige ich leider nicht durch, Traue mir auch nicht zu was an der Datenbank zu machen.

Es wahre schon wenn man da was machen könnte was einfacher ist, vielleicht auch das was vorgeben wird das man es nur Aktivieren braucht.

View attachment 707
The problem with this code is that you need after every upgrade setup it again.
So it would better if this could be a theme option.

will be better if use cheverto fonts

Back