• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

How does the external storage work?

imgincloud

Chevereto Member
Hi,..

I have read about external storage feature and how to implement it (https://chevereto.com/docs/storages)

But I am wondering on how does the upload system work in distributing each uploaded image. For instance, if we have 3 external storage servers (+1 current storage or the one the script is hosted), how the system decide to which storage location an uploaded image will be send.

Does the system always choose the 1st storage, and wait it until it is full before eventually sending the next images to 2nd storage, and so on?

I am new with this script so I am just curious. Thanks.

:)

This.

Does the system always choose the 1st storage, and wait it until it is full before eventually sending the next images to 2nd storage, and so on?

We have requested features to get selective uploads based on locations. It's coming, but we don't know when and how. Probably somwhere around v4.x.x.

This.

We have requested features to get selective uploads based on locations. It's coming, but we don't know when and how. Probably somwhere around v4.x.x.

Sweet! Yes it would be more awesome with selective upload features or simply distribute the image fairly / randomly to all available storage :)

Back