• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

How does one delete thumbnails and have it use the default images once again.

Kenzato

Chevereto Member
🎯Description of the issue

So a while ago i set my thumbnail settings way to high and it generated some big thumbnails, now i want to remove the thumbnails manually through some commands and then have it just use the default images instead of the thumbnails, the images are below the threshold for thumbnail generation which is why i would like them, otherwise, any way to secludely remake thumbnails for some images without having to readjust thumbnail settings and make everything get a thumbnail generated for it

Feel free to remove all the .th images, the system will regenerate these when listing gets issued. The only problem is that you will need to make sure to list everything to keep embedded images working.

You will need to customize the listing template for that. There's no one click setting for what you are asking for.

Can you lead to me to where i should change it and what i should change? i assume this would probably break somethings like for example how larger images are handeled

temporarily i have gone into the class.image.php file and modified
$display = $image['medium'] !== null ? $image['medium'] : ($image['size'] < G\get_bytes('200 KB') ? $image : $image['thumb']);
into
$display = $image['medium'] !== null ? $image['medium'] : ($image['size'] < G\get_bytes('20000 KB') ? $image : $image['thumb']);

which seems to have stopped using .th files since it dosent bother with lower file sizes but i am not sure if this is the right method/ how to make it stick when another chev update comes since there dosent seem to be a override system for base app files

Again, touch the listing template.

app/themes/Peafowl/tpl_list_item/*

I don't advice to apply the change you did there.

Back