• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • πŸ‘‰ Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • πŸ’Έ Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• βœ… Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • πŸ”₯ Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • πŸ“š Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Hotlink Protection

Nirjonadda

πŸ’– Chevereto Fan
Prevent hotlinking of images, How to hotlink protect? I want only hotlinking of images my own website, not other website. Does have option blacklisting domain?

Hotlink is when you tell the server to deny certain domains from leeching traffic. That's the real protection, disable codes at script side is only for styling concerns.

Disable embed codes can be achieved at Dashboard > Settings > Theme

Hope it helps,
Rodolfo.

Hotlink is when you tell the server to deny certain domains from leeching traffic. That's the real protection, disable codes at script side is only for styling concerns.

Disable embed codes can be achieved at Dashboard > Settings > Theme

Hope it helps,
Rodolfo.

Yes but I want disable from Full image and Thumbnail image (linked), not all.

zedW96-9ShGhV9MCODm5Cg.png

Unfortunately to achieve that you need to tweak the theme on your own.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

You are asking for changes that can't be achieved by system settings so the answer is the same: You need to do your own editing. Here, this can guide you through the process of theme editing: https://chevereto.com/community/threads/how-to-find-something-in-the-code.8447/

Unfortunately, I can't guide you step by step because that is outside the scope of support and takes me a lot of time to do custom implementations and I can't provide custom styling guides to every single client.

Hope that you can understand,
Rodolfo.

Hotlink protection must be enabled at server layer, not script layer.

Read this, it has all you need to know:
https://kinsta.com/blog/hotlinking/
I followed the directions and used the cpanel option. I enabled hotlinking (on the site my hosting site is located), then decided against it and clicked disable. Now my images aren't showing up anywhere...Even lost them on my site?

What did I do wrong?

Details:
- I have a Chevereto hosting site hosted by TMD.
- I'm an avid user (and admin) on a car forum.
- I want fellow forum users to use my hosting site for the car forum only.

Question:
Do I enable hotlinking on my TMD server/cpanel or the forum's server?

Thank you!

Question:
Do I enable hotlinking on my TMD server/cpanel or the forum's server?

Seems that you skipped the most important part of the concept of hotlink which is that an origin server denies or allow access to certain resources. You enable or disable access where the resource is being hosted, not where is being called.

Maybe the same answer but I wanted to make one clarification...
- I'm an avid user (and admin) on a car forum.
Should have read:
- I'm an avid user (and admin) on a car forum that is hosted on a completely different server.

Doesn't matter if is the same server or not, you only need to instruct the host server to accept hotlink from certain sources and reject hotlink from anywhere else. I'm sorry if not clear enough but as I've already mentioned, this is a server thing so refer your concerns to your hosting company or server administrator. There's nothing else that I could tell you about this stuff.

Back