• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

File naming method - which one do you use ?

Oakley

💖 Chevereto Fan
I'm curious, how have people setup their systems with regard to image file names (file naming method) ?

Chevereto allows you to keep the original source file name, use a generated random name, the ID name, or a combination of original and random.

I've tried a few of them and can see pro's and con's for each method.

Just wondered what others are using and why ? :)

I'm using what I believe to be the default settings, original and my storage method is folders.

I haven't tried anything else.

I'm using the ID. My users cannot decide what they want. So it goes back and forth. I'm just forcing the ID method for now, since there's no way to do it on an individual basis.

Yep, I was using the ID method but then people started importing their Photobucket images (another story...) and they had trouble matching them up. Consequently I changed it to original.

Ok I have mine set to "Original", but it's still being named with random letters. Am I correct in assuming the url of the display should be the filename in this case?

Ok I have mine set to "Original", but it's still being named with random letters.

I think it might do that when there's already a file of the same name. Just a hunch... ;)

Ok I have mine set to "Original", but it's still being named with random letters. Am I correct in assuming the url of the display should be the filename in this case?

The system appends random chars to the filename when the target file already exists. It must do that, otherwise, it will overwrite old files.

Back