• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Features

samgoody

Chevereto Noob
Hi,
I would like to buy Chevereto, but there are some things I cannot figure out:
  1. Video Support (I assume does not exist)
  2. FTP/SSH upload (and sync support would be even better)
  3. Image editor (Aviary style, at least the ability to rotate images).
  4. Deduplication. (If an image already exists in album, don't re-upload).
  5. Public "albums" page. (I can see my albums, but cannot show the albums page to others. Instead, other users just get an explore page with all pictures jumbled together).
  6. Make albums that can be edited by multiple users. (I see in the forums this exists, but cannot figure out how)
  7. View pictures - why are there so few images on a page - how can I change that?
  8. Show how many pages of images there are, and jump to another page except for just the next page.
  9. What is "website" "community", "personal" - there are so many settings that I have simply no idea what they do, and even after playing around, I am getting nowhere.
Thank you,

Also, when I try to upload more than 25 pages, it simply hangs.
And when I add folders, it crashes on the desktop.ini file.

Video Support (I assume does not exist)

No video support at least by now. This is image hosting, not video hosting.

FTP/SSH upload (and sync support would be even better)

It does support FTP/SFTP upload (external storage).

Image editor (Aviary style, at least the ability to rotate images).

Images gets auto rotated based on the exif orientation tag. An editor like Aviary is not under consideration.

Deduplication. (If an image already exists in album, don't re-upload).

It already have duplicated detection by IP in the last 24hours.

Public "albums" page. (I can see my albums, but cannot show the albums page to others. Instead, other users just get an explore page with all pictures jumbled together).

Users albums are shown in the user profile page. At this time there isn't a a list of all public albums.

Make albums that can be edited by multiple users. (I see in the forums this exists, but cannot figure out how)

This doesn't exists but it will be added later on.

View pictures - why are there so few images on

You can configure how many images you want to list per page.

Show how many pages of images there are, and jump to another page except for just the next page

No. That causes poor performance issues in large websites and it has been removed. Listings are dynamic and show all the records cause very poor mysql performance.

What is "website" "community", "personal" - there are so many settings that I have simply no idea what they do, and even after playing around, I am getting nowhere.

"Community" is a normal website where multiple people can singup and use the website. "Personal" allows just one person to upload images.

when I try to upload more than 25 pages, it simply hangs.
And when I add folders, it crashes on the

The total amout of images that you can upload depends on your browser free memory and image size. At the present time the system does client side resizing and that is taking too much memory so most likely I will change it for server side resizing. It doesn't support folder upload, that's why you get an error there.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Back