• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Features deprecate for V4 (old topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medium and thumb sized images

I believe that this should be removed as the needs for additional image sizes can't be narrowed down just to two extra sizes. I think that the system should generate these on the fly, and being able to use the API to easily resize on demand.

Deutsch
Ich bin ebenfalls der Meinung das man darauf verzichten kann Bilder in anderen Größen als das Original zu speichern.

Eine generierung des Thumbnails oder anderer größe sollte erst dann geschehen wenn ein Nutzer das erste mal darauf zugreifen möchte.

Dies könnte dann in einem gesondertem Ordner gespeichert werden welcher in regelmäßigen abständen geleert wird bzw wird durch das Script/Cron gepüft ob das Thumbnail (etc) noch gebraucht wird. Sollte der letzte Zugriff darauf z.b. mehr als 30 Tage her sein, so kann/wird die Datei durch das Script/Cron automatisch entfernt um Speicherplatz frei zu machen.

--------------------------------
Translate in english
--------------------------------
I also think that you can refrain from saving images in sizes other than the original.

Generating the thumbnail or other size should only happen when a user wants to access it for the first time.

This could then be stored in a separate folder which is emptied at regular intervals or is checked by the script / cron if the thumbnail (etc) is still needed. If the last access to it z.b. more than 30 days ago, the file can / is automatically removed by the / Cron script to free up space.

Dropdown uploader

While it may look nice, a dedicated upload page works better and require less memory. The Dropdown uploader should be removed for convenience.

I have a suggestion, you can integrate the 3rd party social login with oneall.com. So the webmasters don't need to apply App from Facebook, Twitter, and other apps.

Dropdown uploader

While it may look nice, a dedicated upload page works better and require less memory. The Dropdown uploader should be removed for convenience.
I rather like the dropdown uploader.

But it would be pretty cool to make the entire front page as the hot spot to drag pictures or upload.

I rather like the dropdown uploader.

But it would be pretty cool to make the entire front page as the hot spot to drag pictures or upload.
Route /upload to homepage was added already.

PUP

The pop-up upload plugin will be deprecated for V4. Basically, I'm tired of having to maintain support for the existing software solutions that change all the time. Also, it is really hard to debug pup issues as everything happens in client devices.

PUP

The pop-up upload plugin will be deprecated for V4. Basically, I'm tired of having to maintain support for the existing software solutions that change all the time. Also, it is really hard to debug pup issues as everything happens in client devices.
That's very very sad news then.

That's very very sad news then.
I believe that support for external integrations must be isolated, PUP tries to unify stuff that is constantly changing and that will be always a futile effort because it will keep breaking, all the time. For example right now Upload moderation breaks PUP, and it also has some issues with MyBB and XenForo. There's always something broken with that.

Rather than focus in sneak a feature into a button of other software, I believe that will be wiser to focus in provide a stand-alone in-place image uploader, or perhaps a browser extension. That way it removes the magic automatic inserting, but it gains way easier maintaining and no more conflicts between editor apis.

PUP

I loved that feature, easy to use and faster. Unless you can offer a extra fee to add that for v4?

Unless you can offer a extra fee to add that for v4?
Is not about a fee, is how PUP works and what wants to achieve (a single script for supporting multiple different editor APIs). I will be happy if users of PUP can manage to contribute to its development.

Automatic convert BMP to PNG

I believe that this arbitrary conversion is not longer needed as nobody uses BMP and if someone does, I think that it won't be desired to alter the image type.

Autoresize larger images

Configuring to resize all large (pixels) images was introduced to avoid excessively big images being uploaded to the system, as those images are really hard to represent, show in listings, watermark, etc. As V4 will use an image server, there's no need to perform this resizing.

I have a suggestion, you can integrate the 3rd party social login with oneall.com. So the webmasters don't need to apply App from Facebook, Twitter, and other apps.
I believe Rodolfo is adding support for your own connections, so if they supply an oauth2/openid connect style API, you should be able to use it, otherwise, just write your own override code to plug in to their API.

PUP

Autoresize larger images

Configuring to resize all large (pixels) images was introduced to avoid excessively big images being uploaded to the system, as those images are really hard to represent, show in listings, watermark, etc. As V4 will use an image server, there's no need to perform this resizing.
These are the 2 main reasons I use chevereto. I understand I'm not necessarily the target audience for your product but I will be very sad to see these go away and will likely not upgrade to version 4 for this very reason.

Reactions: rdn
These are the 2 main reasons I use chevereto. I understand I'm not necessarily the target audience for your product but I will be very sad to see these go away and will likely not upgrade to version 4 for this very reason.
Don't miss the fact of third-party plugins in V4. I'm not removing stuff in order to get you stuck to V3, I'm doing it to open the development of the software and the last thing I need is people stuck at V3 rather than encouraging development on V4 assets.

The V4 development release will be available earlier next year, and I'm foreseeing that the beta period will be large. There will be plenty time to gather users, devs, etc. into add this (or anything else) as a third-party addon.

I do understand your desire to move away from having many features baked in, especially being a one man show. My worry is that in the case of v4 if those features don't exist and no one creates a plugin that supports them, then I'm left with no option but to stay with v3 for the features I need.

But having said that I just recently retired and have a lot of free time on my hands now. One of the things I've always wanted to do was learn a programming language. What language(s) would you suggest to be able to create plugins that would work with the v4 framework you have planned? I'd love to be able to do more than just ask for help if I need something.

What language(s) would you suggest to be able to create plugins that would work with the v4 framework
PHP is used for all the backend, and as Chevereto code was pretty much a lot of conditionals, I made a workflow implementation. Here's a example for the API V1 upload. It basically allows to define a series of steps that needs to be carried. On runtime, one may add/remove/edit any step. For example, add a resize if too big step.

For front-end, you could use anything you feel comfortable to. V4 is an API, so you can really use any type of front, including of course html/js.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back