feature photos on my home NAS?

Richmilnix

My goal is to keep all 20,000 of my image files on the NAS here in my office, and have a public-facing install that can crawl and index them (mostly snapshots for my family, a few odds & ends).

I've installed Chevereto and like its interface but I think it will insist that I manually upload all the images through its GUI, WHICH IS NO GOOD FOR ME (IN PART B/C i WANT TO ORGANIZE AND ACCESS THE IMAGE sorry files on my LAN.

Can Chevereto be adapted to work in this way? If not, do you have suggestions for another self-hosted solution that can?

(An acceptable other solution is an interface that lives entirely on a computer here in my house, but I'd prefer to keep the web traffic and database mangement out at a paid host that thinks more about security than I do.)

Rodolfo

The Chevere Guru
Chevereto Staff
Chevereto works importing content. Although the paid edition includes an automatic importer, it work as an importer, not a sync. Is not that you can plug a drive with pictures and Chevereto will automatically crawl its contents to display that in the form of a website presentation. Chevereto actually needs to import the images, and in the case of the paid edition, distribute it to external storages.

What you need is a file sync tool, with support for turning a directory into a gallery. I guess that you should try with Nextcloud?

I believe that syncing local dirs sounds extremely convenient for bulk content managing, and specially to don't bound the content to any given software which I believe is a nice have. However, with the current code base this is impossible at it requires a ton of background processing that V3 just don't know how to handle.

Richmilnix

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep sniffing around.

For managing music, I've found that I really like having Subsonic installed - which indexes my files, serves them up wile I'm out of the house, but leaves them on a hard drive where I can get my hands on 'em when I want to. Now that I'm breaking up with Flickr, I'm hoping to mirror that workflow with images.

Rodolfo

The Chevere Guru
Chevereto Staff
Sure, it is a great way to feed content to the system. Is just that V3 was framed by the limited availability of servers back then in 2014, I hope that V4 will allow me to achieve this kind of stuff in a breeze.