• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

External storage submitting

mk_okp

Chevereto Member
🎯Description of the issue

Adding FTP external storage just spins at submitting

▶🚶‍Reproduction steps
  1. Settings > external storage
  2. Ftp, ip:custom port, path, user, user, unlimited quota, https://domain.tld
  3. Submit
  4. Hangs
😢Unexpected result

FTP storage connected

📃Error log message

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190619_175813.jpg
    Screenshot_20190619_175813.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20190619_175750.jpg
    Screenshot_20190619_175750.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 19
Wrong port, I'm blind. Sorry

I have still got issues, I can upload no problem and the image is on my Ftp storage correctly, but it won't show in cheverto. It's white on the explore page and 404 if I use direct url.

The direct url still uses domain.tld/image/2019/06/18/id.jpg
Is this correct even for the Ftp that is not inside the var/www/html/images?

I Don't need sftp, because It's a LAN connection, not Internet facing.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that your direct URL isn't mapped to your origin. Check your records, if you are using it as an internet service your storage URL can't be a localhost one unless your FTP is on the same root you should use "Local" under external storage.

Is this the last box, named url? Can you give me an example for this?

I assumed the FTP could be used as a internal storage location like /images is for the default. Is this incorrect? Does the FTP need to serve the files directly from its own ip to the end user? I can probably sort a workaround anyhow, if this is the case.

I assumed the FTP could be used as a internal storage location like /images is for the default. Is this incorrect?
You can set a local FTP to use the FTP storage API but it is not a wise option. Doing that you add latency because you will actually have to use TCP to send these requests. Is way faster if you simply use the local storage API because that doesn't add any latency.

The storage is not on the same server, and I have been unable to get write access when mounting it locally. Of course if I do ever manage to get write acess using a local mount. I would use the local API

If you have your site facing the internet, there is no way to make it display images that are hosted locally without any connection to the outside world. I assume you have a domain name, or do you run _everything_ local?

I have a domain yes. The domain points at 102.0.0.0 for example. This server is on internal 192.162.1.1 My Ftp is on 192.162.1.2 (not Internet facing)

I share this FTP on LAN only and wanted to attach it to the cheverto for storage. I can't mount it writable in the filesystem tree on my public server for complex reasons I am trying to fix.

Hopefully this makes the situation clearer.

I'm sure you will figure it out soon. This is a server issue, not a script issue.

Regardless how you mount a remote file-system or how you setup a FTP, the problem here is outside the scope of Chevereto. This ticket has been removed from "Tech Support".

Thanks for the assistance. Much appreciated. I think I know what mistake I made. I will post my results here later if it works.

Okay so what I didn't understand was that cheverto won't load the image back over Ftp (or any other external source I'm sure)

It looks for the image at the url you specify in the last option. (maybe the usage of this box should be clearer). This needs to be Internet accessible.

My solution was to mount the local FTP on the server and share it in a vhost (i.domain.tld). This works beautifully.

Read the docs: https://chevereto.com/docs/Storages (what does the url and other stuff explained)

When you do Local storage (under external storage) you use the same URL resolver thing, the storage capacity cap, etc. The only difference is that the file is handled 100% locally, it doesn't need to travel to the external storage neither call any other protocol to fulfill the request.

When you setup a local FTP to use it as external "local" server you are adding latency and using an horrible API (FTP) to handle something that Chevereto offers you to handle way faster.

You just need fuse mount on these remote paths. It struggles me to see how you fix a mount permissions issue by using FTP. Is like trying to use a shoe as a hammer.

Up to you what you end using, but I don't recommend at all your approach here.

Back