• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

External Storage delete images does not work (SFTP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilmoe2

Not needed
Hello,

Im using SFTP for my external storage. If I delete a image the image still exists on my SFTP server (auth.log showing logins if I delete a image).
I dont get any errors from the website. No

No errors in PHP log (Debug level = 3).

Check the queue table, look for any error on delete queues.

Then the problem is your sftp server. If there's no log is because your server is not sending a log or something like that.

Try with a different sftp server, in a different machine.

Then the problem is your sftp server. If there's no log is because your server is not sending a log or something like that.

Try with a different sftp server, in a different machine.

Its a new installation. A default OpenSSH server configured as SFTP. I try to log somethign whats going on. But I think even if the SFTP is doing something wrong you should catch that error.

I just test the SFTP upload + delete on the demo and worked fine. Like I said, your SFTP is the problem not Chevereto.

I don't know what your server is doing, maybe there is just cache or is telling you that it completes the operation and nothing happens. Chevereto ouputs everything when it has something to output, otherwise just check that server logs to check what's going on.

Why do I get no information about if a delete fails?
Also problem of my SFTP? Its just weird. Your are not checking if the file still exists if your delete something.

Like I said... Your server is not working properly, Chevereto only issues a DELETE (single delete) or an rm -f command (multiple), whatever your server responses is either not standard or false positive.

Just to remember, Chevereto doesn't control what the external server responds or logs, it only issues commands.

Try starting with simple stuff: It happens to single or multiple delete? It just stopped working? It worked before? It happens with a different server in another machine? Etc.

Give me something to work with because "doesn't work" doesn't help me one single bit.

Try starting with simple stuff: It happens to single or multiple delete? It just stopped working? It worked before? It happens with a different server in another machine? Etc.

Single and multiple deletes arent working.

I switched from FTP to SFTP a while ago. Im not sure it worked before... I just noticed few days ago that images still exists and accessable from www if your use a direct link.

I can delete the images with Filezilla without any problems with the same login.

The files are accesible via link AND the files are still on the SFTP?

Code:
Called deleteMultiple
Resource OK
CWD /images/
COMMAND rm -f "/images/2017/03/25/Wrr.jpg" "/images/2017/03/25/Wrr.th.jpg" "/images/2017/03/25/Wrr.md.jpg"
EXEC This service allows sftp connections only.

Your SFTP server is the problem. SFTP means SSH File Transfer Protocol so it uses SSH commands like rm -f and so on. Your server is not accepting SSH commands which is crucial here, Chevereto takes advantage of those to issue a multiple image deletes.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.
Yes you are right, I have enabled sftp connection only. Too bad it needs SSH. I have disabled it for security reasons.

I need a script to fix the old files anyway. Gonna use it instead using SSH.

Thanks!

Security? Just allow access to the image directory you don't need to add it to the root wheel.

If someone get access to the db (ssh password is saved in plaintext) he also gets access to the system. Even if this just a normal user, It is a security risk.

SSH doesn't means root access. There are concepts like group, ownership, etc. Yo need to read about that. You can restrict how deep the given SSH user can interact with the server (commands) and you can also restrict the folder where this user can do stuff.

Anyway, this is not Chevereto related.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back