• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Encoding format (tmp) is not supported

Gpinpin

Chevereto Member
Hello
Version 3.20.15 works on my site (lws host) without problem in downloading images.

Locally under w10 and wamp 3.2.5 php 7.4.26 MariaDb 10.6.5
All 3.20.x versions only partially work.
The png image files download without problem.
The jpg image files create an error:
"Encoding format (tmp) is not supported"

Versions 3.18.3 and 3.19.beta3 do not pose any problem on these jpg images.

If you have a clue for me to resolve these errors, I am in favor. Wamp serves me as a test bed only

thanks in advance
Gpinpin

Wamp serves me as a test bed only
Our test standard runs on Docker and you should be using Docker on WSL to test Chevereto.

Keep in mind that I designed Chevereto to be used on Unix-like systems. I can't guarantee compatibility with Windows, which should have a lot of unexpected issues like this.

Hello
You read windows but you don't read that the old version 3.18.3 and 3.19.3 beta work.
So some modifier files generate this problem and my question was which files should I do my research?
Yes under windows and docker will also be under windows in its environment and that just like wamp.
Asking me to buy a unix server for my tests will ask me as a volunteer to plan for finances that I do not have.
Thank you for telling me to leave the trials for those who can. And tell me that the children should play in their backyard.

Sincerely and thank you for your response
Gpinpin

Yes under windows and docker will also be under windows in its environment and that just like wamp.
WAMP refers to Windows Apache MySQL and PHP built for Windows, is not the same as when you run the Docker container because that's LAMP delivered by us. When you use Docker even if the Docker host is a Windows machine what you run is LAMP. The software runs just like running in a Ubuntu server, but in your very own Windows machine.

Asking me to buy a unix server for my tests will ask me as a volunteer to plan for finances that I do not have.
My intention is not to push you to buy a new server but to run Docker on your existing Windows machine. Just like you installed some Wamp server you can also install Docker, Ubuntu and WSL. Microsoft pushed a lot in this field, you are missing how great is now to run Linux software on Windows.

If you managed to get used to Wamp then this alternative won't be any harder and you won't be missing all the goodies of this provisioning, as you will stop worrying about the entire server setup.

Hello
To come back to this subject, I haven't seen linux for 20 years after retirement.
However, I will try to get off to a good start and see it up close. Wls installed..Ubuntu Ubuntu 20.04 LTS installed .. docker installed. Case to be continued but in my idea of wamp it is not windows or wamp which is the cause but a modification of a file which prevents the injection of jpg images while the png images pass without problem.
Why does "tmp" work on png and not on jpg?
Gpinpin

ps: sorry for google translate

I also used Wamp servers for lot of years.

Back then I never liked the idea of running VMs or getting a Linux server for such purpose. Is easy to get used to anything, even if it drives a lot of issues (I remember that there was always issues related to update PHP / MySQL) but with all headaches at least it ran. But that's not the point, the thing to keep in mind is that production servers are 99.9% Unix-like systems and you want to run dev machines closest as possible from production type.

When you use Wamp the server is different, from the kernel all the way up to the filesystem and core libs.

We now have containers enabling us to run 1:1, it is just a bad investment of your time to keep putting time to Wamp (at least in this context) because all what you experience won't behave exactly the same, meaning that your dev provisioning is not predictable.

Back