• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• ๐Ÿ˜Œ This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • ๐Ÿ‘‰ Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • ๐Ÿ’ธ Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• โš ๏ธ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • โœ… Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • ๐Ÿ”ฅ Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • ๐Ÿ“š Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

embed codes

liss

Chevereto Member
Website URL
<private>

Chevereto version

Description of the issue
how to restrict users from using the Full image embed codes or remove it from options ?
and let them only use the Full image (linked) and other

I only offer one embed code...I removed all the codes but one. I'm not completely sure that it's the correct file path...But it works perfectly.

Here's where I did it:
Folder(s) - public_html > app > routes

Make a copy of the original "routes" file first just in case you screw things up.

Use CHV\Login methods, like is_admin, logged_user, etc.

ok
Hey I was trying to get into code on the local box to fix this and so far no luck

could u guide me into how to do it please
i mean the whole process

Last edited:
Find the file app/routes/route.image.php

From line 252 you'll see the embed codes. You can literally remove the chuck of code relating to the embed code that you don't want.

Once done, save the file and put it into the app/routes/overrides folder leaving the original file intact.

That will work but ideally you should make a copy of Peafowl and edit that instead.

It doesn't actually restrict the users though as they could still easily work out what the full image embed code should be.

BTW make sure you a decent text editor like Notepad ++

Last edited:
- If you want to get rid of all the embed codes then choose that setting at dashboard > settings > theme.
- If you want to remove some of those codes, you will have to hack the target route and the embed_codes snippet.
- If you can to conditionally display stuff based on user status, you will have to use the CHV\Login methods.

could u guide me into how to do it please
i mean the whole process
No. That's a custom editing request and unfortunately, I don't have spare time to write a guide for that.

- If you want to get rid of all the embed codes then choose that setting at dashboard > settings > theme.
- If you want to remove some of those codes, you will have to hack the target route and the embed_codes snippet.
- If you can to conditionally display stuff based on user status, you will have to use the CHV\Login methods.

ok i figured it out

thanks

Last edited:
Find the file app/routes/route.image.php

From line 252 you'll see the embed codes. You can literally remove the chuck of code relating to the embed code that you don't want.

Once done, save the file and put it into the app/routes/overrides folder leaving the original file intact.

That will work but ideally you should make a copy of Peafowl and edit that instead.

It doesn't actually restrict the users though as they could still easily work out what the full image embed code should be.

BTW make sure you a decent text editor like Notepad ++

i removed it from the embed codes
but it dosnt need any work out to get the full image code,
most of users choose full image code cuz it is the first option they see,those who dont want it and try to work around it are not many..
but the problem is it is removed from the embed codes of a single page
but when a user upload an image or more than one image they get the codes and in that windows they full image is still there...
so basically removing it from a single page codes was pointless

What's the link to your site so we can see how your embed code modification looks? That way I can compare it to how I modified mine.

Mine or liss ?

Mine is is on a private arrangement which I'd rather not make public on the forum. Basically it's heavily cut down with only a few links visible.

Back