• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• ๐Ÿ˜Œ This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • ๐Ÿ‘‰ Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • ๐Ÿ’ธ Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• โœ… Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • ๐Ÿ”ฅ Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • ๐Ÿ“š Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Embed code names

imghut

๐Ÿ’– Chevereto Fan
Hi all, I am trying to change the name of some of the embed codes,

For example change BBCode to Forum Code however when I make the change in route.image.php (which is in app/routes/overrides) I just get a white screen after, if I try just Forum it looks like 'Forum' with single quotes.

Thanks

Just change the 'label' text, for example, it appears on line #284

Code:
                    'label' => 'BBCode',

Just change the text inside the single quotes so that it becomes:

Code:
                    'label' => 'Forum Code',

BTW, it also appears in embed.php which you'll find in: app/themes/Peafowl/snippets

Like before just change the label text and put the amended file in the theme overrides.

You shouldn't get a blank screen. The modified file you quoted is fine and would have no bearing on it.

Just looked at your website and the label is showing on your site as:

Code:
โ€˜Forumโ€™

Note the apostrophes before and after the word. You should not really have them there, so either you are adding them twice (?) or you are editing the file incorrectly.

Which editor are you using ? Maybe try something like Notepad++

Feel free to attch your file here and I'll take a look at it if you wish ;)

That's great thank you, attached route.image.php from app/routes/overrides, I use TextEdit on a Mac, never been a problem with other mods.

Attachments

• route.image.php.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 2
Ok it was the apostophes.

Instead of apostrophes I think you were using curly single quotes (??) or maybe accents (?), see image below.

apostrophes.jpg

Anway, updated file attached.

You need to amend your editor, see:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5994177

Also see: https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs/quotes.html

Attachments

• route.image.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 3
Thank you Oakley, such a small thing, I can now see the difference in TextEdit, I would never have thought of that, I have turned off smart quotes now.

Thanks again.

Back