• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Does ads cover your bills?

Picuza

Chevereto Member
Hello, just wondering if those of you who use dedicated servers mange to cover your bills with ad income? I'm currently running my site without ads as I don't have that much traffic and at the moment it's more on a hobby basis.

Ads and image hosts don't exactly get along well. I'd be surprised if anyone is producing enough profit to cover an employee of an image host. I run my host based on donations, which barely covers the hosting costs.

back when I ran ads, even with millions of views, the ads barely made a dent.

It ultimately depends on your traffic quality, amount of visitors, etc. I guess this applies to all sites regardless of the niche.

I've got some deals with ad networks because I run an adult-based image hosting, not the regular all-in-one image hosting, so they pay really well for CPA, not-too-annoying in-page push that covers all my hosting expenses and there's left over for me to enjoy a nice dinner.

Now, this wasn't always the case, for the 8-9 months everything came out of pocket, and now that a few (hand full) of forums use us as a primary option, as well as few private individuals that use us for their sites, we are serving around 30M requests/day, around 9 to 12 TB bandwidth/day. So things got nice really fast.

Back