• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Docker installation upgrade failing.

gkoerk

Chevereto Member
Background issue: https://chevereto.com/community/thr...ive-class-is-not-enabled-in-this-server.9764/

I was unable to do an apt-get install php-zip since that package is not supported on Debian Jessie (8). Is there a clean docker image out there for chevereto with Debian|Ubuntu / PHP7 / Apache2? I have mysql available in a different container accessible by name via docker networking. This all works for a simple install, but won't allow the upgrade script to run, as it currently gives the following errors:

Your websever lacks some requirements that must be fixed to install Chevereto.
Please check:

Note that I'm running on a QNAP device and hence don't want to do a native install as I will be in dependency hell and it would likely not even work, but end up messing up some native QNAP functionality. FWIW, the docker image I'm using (though I've tried many) is https://hub.docker.com/r/nmtan/chevereto/

I just need a framework in a docker container that will run apache and php, connect remotely to the MariaDB database, and allow me to upgrade to Premium.

Your websever lacks some requirements that must be fixed to install Chevereto.
Please check:

That's thrown directly by PHP, is not the script being buggy... your server doesn't have these libs there. Plain and simple: Add these libs!

I know that this is frustrating, but you are mixing apples with oranges here. Docker works with containers, you don't run commands to tweak the container, you build a Dockerfile containing these commands. You do it like that because that's the isolation layer that you want anyway. Otherwise don't use Docker, there are other alternatives that may suit your needs.

Your dockerfile should contain commands like these:

Code:
# GD hard stuff
RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y \
        libfreetype6-dev \
        libjpeg62-turbo-dev \
        libpng-dev \
    && docker-php-ext-configure gd --with-freetype-dir=/usr/include/ --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/include/ \
    && docker-php-ext-install -j$(nproc) gd

# PDO
RUN docker-php-ext-install pdo pdo_mysql

# ZIP
RUN apt-get update \
    && apt-get install -y zlib1g-dev \
    && rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/* \
    && docker-php-ext-install zip

Docker works great for development, but you have to educate yourself in how to use it properly. Is not that easy yet and you may encounter several issues. If you want something like one-click install then don't use Docker.

Back