• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Customizable stop words

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
💡Describe your Feature request

There's a very annoying guy called Richard Blank who operates a call center in Costa Rica called "Costa Rica Call Center". This individual enjoys spamming Chevereto based websites by uploading tons of images/slides about his call center and I'm tired of it. I've seen this bugger operating for years so I will enforce spam checking on terms like "Richard Blank" and "Costa Rica Call Center".

👏Where did you saw this?

This issue is always appearing on my Chevereto scouting, it doesn't matter the purpose of your Chevereto if you have public uploads enabled he will go there and start uploading his stuff. He uses Chevereto installations to spread his business for free you can check here: https://www.google.com/search?q=chevereto+Costa+Rica+call+center

🔥Interest outside our community

I think that everybody hates Richard Blank so we will make Chevereto 100% free of this content.

Fine by me ;)
I myself had no problems with it (with v3) but you should never say never.

🎉 I've worked on this and I've neat updates!

We are going to implement customizable spam words. Here, take a look:

1668377595700.png

From your admin dashboard you will be able to add all the spam words you need and with regex support for advanced rules. This will enable admins to fine tune the words that trigger spam with ease. Spam words will be check on all titles, names and descriptions so it will be very aggressive.

As you may see I've taken care of including that annoying guy from the stupid call center. If you have more suggestions for the default spam words please let me know.

There is also a spammer that advertises kitchen cabinets. Bathroom, Kitchen remodeling, Kitchen cabintes for sale. Roofing, Deep cleaning in Auckland etc.
It will help a lot for these common automatted spams.
Maybe if there is a forum thread or a github repository where chevereto users can add more of these common spam keywords, it will create a huge database specific to chevereto websites.
Thank you for creating this RFC and implementing it. <3

This would be very helpful for sites without an affiliate / referral code block in place! :D

Back