• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Cron - how often do you run

Jailer

Chevereto Member
Just a simple question about cron. How often do you have it set to run on your server? The docs show an example cron entry that has cron running every minute. Is that how you all set yours up or do you run it less often? Should you run it more often is you have a busy site and less often if your site sees less traffic? What are your thoughts?

Cron in Chevereto isn't resource heavy, you may tweak it to run each n minutes, hours, it all depends on how busy is your website and how quick you expect it to react to queues.

Let's say that there's expirable content due to be removed at a certain time. If your cron runs once a day the content could be still available past the expiration date until cron picks it up.

Check for updates and news check runs only once a day even if you have the cron running on every minute.

My site is very low traffic for personal use so I was thinking having cron run every minute seemed a bit excessive for my needs. I currently have it set to run once per hour and even that is likely more often than I need it running. But my needs are likely quite different than most users, that's why I posed the question.

I have a private site with, at the moment, 37,616 Images and 675 Users.
I run the Cron job twice a day which, for my needs is more than enough.

Back