• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Creation of separate pages with image upload facility

joeborn

Chevereto Member
We are trying to create separate pages each of which shows images corresponding to that page and gives guests the option to upload images with captions. Currently we only see an option to write source code in the page creation section. Please guide us on what is the way forward.

You need to create pages and on each page insert your custom PHP/CSS/HTML code. I'm sorry if you thought that this will be easy or that I will do it for you because that won't happen.

This is not a minor request and you should be aware of that.

I understand we aren't expecting it to be easy. I'm just asking for the shortcode or the code needed to be used to upload the images. Further I also wanted to know the effect on the theme due to the code inserted

The images that are uploaded need to go to the corresponding repository for that page. I'm specifically asking you for that. If it was just a PHP code which uploads images to a database then we probably do not need to be using chevereto in the first place. If you are able to understand what I'm talking about.

Further, I would also need the shortcode to display all the images in a particular category in a page. As per your earlier recommendation we would need to store images uploaded in different pages as different categories. Thus these need to be displayed in the page.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just asking for the shortcode or the code needed to be used to upload the images.
There isn't a shortcode for that. However, you can use all the built in methods to upload like CHV\Image::uploadToWebsite.

Further I also wanted to know the effect on the theme due to the code inserted
No effect, pages run stand-alone from theme.

The images that are uploaded need to go to the corresponding repository for that page. I'm specifically asking you for that.
There's no way to achieve that unless you do something like associate uploads with categories or add your own table relations in the database. In fact, you should just use categories for this and customize the categories view... Why make it more complex than it is.

Further, I would also need the shortcode to display all the images in a particular category in a page
There is a listing class that do that for you. Examples of it can be found at app/routes folder, check for: route.album.php, route.category.php, route.explore.php, route.user.php, route.search.php, etc. You can list absolutely everything.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Back