• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Could you advise ? about seo subdomain

yuttakarn

Chevereto Member
We have a plan to create a blog site .

Should I use my subdomain or primary domain?

blog.domain.com
or

domain.com/blog/

Hosting your blog on a subdomain not only creates more work for yourself and increases your costs, but you’ll essentially be competing with yourself because you‘ll basically have two separate websites. With two separate sites, you’ll actually be hurting your keyword focus.

We have a plan to create a blog site .

Should I use my subdomain or primary domain?

blog.domain.com
or

domain.com/blog/
I ve been using /blog and works horrible and it is a maintenance mess. It Also locks me to a single tech, or to setup per directory special server provisioning. It is suppose that doing it like this helps for SEO, which is not the case at least I'm not seeing any SEO benefit.

I would recommend using a subdomain just for the sake of a sane provisioning.

Deciding between a subdomain (like blog.domain.com) and a subdirectory (domain.com/blog/) for your blog depends on your specific situation. If your blog's content is significantly different from your main site, or you're targeting a different audience, a subdomain might be the way to go. It's treated as a separate entity by search engines, which can be beneficial in such cases.

However, if your blog is closely related to your main site's content, I'd lean towards a subdirectory. This approach consolidates your SEO efforts, as the search engines view the blog as part of your main site. This can boost your overall domain authority and potentially improve search rankings.

From my personal experience with a car blog, I found the subdirectory approach to be more effective. It streamlined my SEO process and contributed positively to my site's overall authority. Additionally, I incorporated a seo topical map into my strategy, which was a major plus. It helped me identify and utilize easy-to-rank keywords effectively. Within a year, this approach significantly boosted my site's Domain Authority (DA) to 47, along with a notable increase in monthly traffic to 400k. It’s a tool that might be really beneficial for your blog as well.

site mets.jpg

Last edited:
Back