• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Core license domain name binding related

The license is for user account. Not domain. You never have to register, update or modify the domain name running Chevereto. A domain name never gets "licensed" so that's why there's no domain registration or anything like that in the system.

The license is per account, and if you have a Core license the only requirement is to use the license to run installations in one domain only. If you use two or more different domains is very likely that the license will get banned, regardless of which domain installed the thing first/last.

Hope it helps.

The license is for user account. Not domain. You never have to register, update or modify the domain name running Chevereto. A domain name never gets "licensed" so that's why there's no domain registration or anything like that in the system.

The license is per account, and if you have a Core license the only requirement is to use the license to run installations in one domain only. If you use two or more different domains is very likely that the license will get banned, regardless of which domain installed the thing first/last.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for your answer, I think I understand

What about subdomains (for the same domain)? I use one instance in production and another one for tests. Both are a subdomains on the same domain, so I need to buy the network license in order to don't get my license be banned if used on both subdomains?

Regards,

Sub-domains aren't considered as different domains. It is perfectly fine to run multiple Core licensed instances under sub-domains of the same domain.

With a Core license you can install and run the software at a.domain.com, domain.com, dev.domain.com, etc. But not at anotherdomain.com, for which case you will need the Network license.

Last edited:
Back