• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Cookie texts position after translation

2ce

Chevereto Member
Hello,

Can you please help me with a position of my cookie policy texts? I put there a shorter option of texts for another language and now, the texts are not in the center of the site (there's a huge space between the texts and "X" button to close the cookie policy). Can you please help me exactly "where" and "what" do I put in the code of the website to have it done?

Screenshot attached.

Thank you for any advice,

Martin

Attachments

• cookie_P.jpg
    cookie_P.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 10
Center that using CSS.

Code:
#cookie-law-banner p { text-align: center; }

And where do I put the code please? I can't find the exact folder. Thank you for ur help!

Already found! But the code has already the same value like you sent me.

Last edited:
As you can see on the picture attached, I'd like to see the cookie text and "X" button closer each other and both together in a center of the site. Thank you

Play around with the CSS, is the only way in which you could move stuff like that.

By the way, if you don't give me a visual cue of what exactly you want I'm afraid that I cannot help you that much. I'm sure that you have a very clear idea on what you want but you if you want something more closer to what you need then help me to understand it.

By the way, remember that this system is responsive, it won't look the same in different screens.

Hello,

At first, thank you for your reply.
I've already centered the cookie text but I can´t move the "X" button closer to the cookie text. There´s a big space between. Is it possible to move it closer? If so, how can I do that?

First image shows the current situation. The second image shows how I would like to see it.

Thank´s, Martin

Attachments

• First_img.jpg
    First_img.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Second_img.jpg
    Second_img.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 6
You have to understand that the theme is responsive, so it reacts to the device width. This means that what you see in desktop / mobile / laptop / etc. isn't exactly the same all time.

Having said that, what you want should be achieved by using this custom CSS code:

Code:
a.cookie-law-close {
    position: static;
    display: inline-block;
    margin-left: 20px;
}
#cookie-law-banner p {
    max-width: calc(100% - 40px);
    padding-right: 0;
    display: inline-block;
    vertical-align: top;
}

Hello,

I've just tried to use that CSS code you sent. Now, the "X" close sign is on the place I wanted to have (X sign is closer to the cookie text). But the cookie text is not in a center of the site. As you can see in my previous post (First_image), the X sign is too far from the text and it looks weird, that's all I wanted (just put it closer). The Second_image from my previous post shows the text and X sign closer each other and in a center of the site. I'd like to have it same for all devices (desktop,tablet,mobile).

Thank you for any advice.

Martin

Last edited:
Add text-align center to the p styles. All the stuff can be customized via Css.

Back