• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Cookie Footer notice does not change in language

Kayz

Chevereto Member
Not filling the support template.
🎯Description of the issue

Hi i have followed the instructions here: https://chevereto.com/docs/language-strings in changing the text at the footer for the cookie notice.
I was able to successfully change the cookie policy link text however i was unable to change the entire row of plain text? The concept works for the cookie policy link but im unable to change the text in white?

▶🚶‍Reproduction steps
  1. Downloaded en.po file from app/content/languages/overrides/en.po
  2. Scrolled down to the cookie policy section.
  3. Deleted everything else within the en.po file just leaving the cookie sections intact:
  4. I amended the following as highlighted in red
  5. #: ../../../app/lib/functions.render.php:309
    msgid "cookie policy"
    msgstr "Our Cookie Policy"

I was successful in changing the above text but was not able to change the paragraphs below?

#: ../../../app/lib/functions.render.php:309
    #, php-format
    msgid ""
    "We use our own and third party cookies to improve your browsing experience "
    "and our services. If you continue using our website then it is understood that you "
    "accept this %cookie_policy_link."
    msgstr ""
    "My own custom text "
    "and our services. If you continue using our website then it is understood that you "

6. Uploaded the file in the app/content/languages/overrides/en folder
  7. I also tried it to alter the cookie text way:
#: ../../../app/lib/functions.render.php:309
#, php-format
msgid "We use our own and third party cookies to improve your browsing experience "
msgstr "My own custom text "

Last edited:
Back