• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Compliance with the beta rules

DeCysos

Phoenix Foto Service
Rodolfo said:
  • Keep it private. Betas are private, don't share the code with any third-party.
  • Keep it here. Any beta-related issued must be handled under the Beta program category, keep all beta-stuff away from the rest of the community
If I write a bug in the beta forum, it should stay here.
In my case, two topics have been moved to the public area because the error also applies to the older version.

But still I'm not happy with it, precisely because the two points regulate that are probably valid for ALL.

Why does it annoy me?
Because nobody is concerned with anything like the link to the beta version.
I have removed the links & version number from the threads concerned.

I am not testing the live version but the beta version. For this reason, I have not written publicly.

If you use a beta, you report the issues to the beta channel. Everything OK until this point.

My opinion is that if you publish a beta issue that wasn't triggered by the beta I think that it shouldn't keep being "private" to the beta testers. Users have the right to know the software bugs on time, and we shouldn't hide that information only because it was found in a beta installation. Besides, who stop other beta tester to spread your URL everywhere? We can't control that so any sensitive link should be using privacy (password protected directories, password gate, etc).

I think that is safer to assume that this beta program has lots of communication issues, mostly caused by the use of a forum system to try to drive software development. Ideally you should be able to post public/private bits and keep public the non-sensitive information. But we have this, and we have to deal wit it.

In any case, for future topics being moved to the public forums I will confirm the bug and ask to edit before move the topic.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Back