Clarifying Chevereto v3 -> v4 Upgrade Costs, etc.

Pro

Chevereto Member
Hi,

I read your v4 announcement and am a bit unclear about how to proceed. I am currently a v3 Core licensee and want to upgrade to v4 core.

Here's what I'd like to clarify specifically:

1. Cost structure:
Firstly, if I purchase during or before September 2021, the cost will be only the renewal fee, and for that I will get the $15 upgrade fee waived + 1 year of renewal? So I pay $25, and we get 2 years?
Secondly, is the progressive price increase based on the year you first get the v4 license, or every year everybody who has not prepaid will pay $5 more compared to the previous year?

2. Renewal timelines:
If I purchase before September, even though I have current v3 license, does the renewal term start on the date I purchase, or the date that v4 comes out?

3. Giving you money:
Firstly, where is the actual place to do the upgrade? In the members area it only says license type (Core -> Network)
Secondly, will this be auto-renewed?

Thank you for your work on Chevereto.

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
1. Cost structure:
Firstly, if I purchase during or before September 2021, the cost will be only the renewal fee, and for that I will get the $15 upgrade fee waived + 1 year of renewal? So I pay $25, and we get 2 years?
The offer of getting one year of V4 licensing is if you purchase between March 2021 and September 2021. It doesn't affect existing customers. For existing Core customers purchases before the offer, the update is $15 (V3 to V4 fee) + $25 (for each year you want to add).

Secondly, is the progressive price increase based on the year you first get the v4 license, or every year everybody who has not prepaid will pay $5 more compared to the previous year?
Every year pricing reflects for new purchases. You can purchase 2 (or more) years upfront at $25 (2021-09 pricing) which is more convenient than purchase one year at $25 then the next at $30, $35, etc.... The system is made to benefit the early customer who support the project ahead, just like I announce ahead features I seek to benefit those who purchase ahead.

More benefits? There will be 3x2 (get 3 license years paying for 2) and 5x3 special offers for existing customers on release date so basically the early you fund the project, the less you pay.

2. Renewal timelines:
If I purchase before September, even though I have current v3 license, does the renewal term start on the date I purchase, or the date that v4 comes out?
If you buy a V3 license now you get instant access to V3 and when V4 comes out you will get an email informing you how to claim your V4 license and it will start to count from there, you get one year free counting from V4.0 release date. Note, you won't lost your V3 license.

3. Giving you money:
Firstly, where is the actual place to do the upgrade? In the members area it only says license type (Core -> Network)
At this time the upgrade isn't available for purchase, I'm changing the entire system at this time and it will take a while. I will notify when upgrade purchases could be made.
Secondly, will this be auto-renewed?
Hope so, I want to drive it as a subscription. Besides software access I want to offer access to community perks, voting, etc.

Thanks for your concerns, let me know if I can answer more questions.

Pro

Chevereto Member
Okay, so to make sure I understand:

For existing Core customers purchases before the offer, the update is $15 (V3 to V4 fee) + $25 (for each year you want to add).

In terms of paying you for the upgrade, right now it is not possible, but for me, it will cost $40 and for that I will get the access for 1 year?

Every year pricing reflects for new purchases. You can purchase 2 (or more) years upfront at $25 (2021-09 pricing) which is more convenient than purchase one year at $25 then the next at $30, $35, etc....

Then if I want more years, if I don't pay them upfront, you will count each renewal as a "new purchase"? Or by upgrading at the start I will lock in the price of $25/y for renewals in v4?

At this time the upgrade isn't available for purchase, I'm changing the entire system at this time and it will take a while. I will notify when upgrade purchases could be made.

And at present none of the above is possible anyway, but you will send an email out when you are ready to start accepting payments?

Thanks.

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
for me, it will cost $40 and for that I will get the access for 1 year?
Yes, that's right.

Then if I want more years, if I don't pay them upfront, you will count each renewal as a "new purchase"? Or by upgrading at the start I will lock in the price of $25/y for renewals in v4?
The license is purchased only once, the only stuff that changes for you from there is the renewal price. The renewal pricing is the price you pay (at a giving year) to extend your license for any given years.

I announce my work upfront and those wanting to fund me can buy/renew licensing early to get a voice, shape, support and access to the software. As the software is dual licensed, this model allows you to fund the project when you are in the urge of getting my new software and sit back if you are OK waiting and not shaping the software.

you will send an email out when you are ready to start accepting payments?
I will do a new purchasing system where you can clearly see all the options and shape the offer to your budget and use case, I will present something like a cost estimator. I will notify, don't worry.

My idea is that you can easily see how it will cost, how you can save, what benefits you have (like that expired licenses could be renewed at any time without paying full price) and so on.

Pro

Chevereto Member
Ah okay so in year 1 I can renew any number of years at one rate, then year 2 the renewal price for my same license goes up (and I can still prepay more years but at the increased rate), etc.?

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Ah okay so in year 1 I can renew any number of years at one rate, then year 2 the renewal price for my same license goes up (and I can still prepay more years but at the increased rate), etc.?
Yes.

Pro

Chevereto Member
Thank you very much for the clarification, and again for your work on Chevereto (itself + support of course).

If I can make one suggestion - which is hard for me to do because I am the same way - is to make the pricing information simpler when you do display it outside of the blog post. There's a lot of balls to mentally juggle with how many years and increasing rates and what is the upgrade vs. the buy it new and any bonuses but only applying to certain situations, etc. etc. But you have clarified that for me, so I look forward to getting the email that informs me you're ready for me to pay you :) ;)