• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chevereto v4.2 "supremo" announcement

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Dear all,

With release v4.2 (supremo) I'm bringing video support and folder synchronization.

Video support​

Since I started with Chevereto I've been asked to add video but such thing wasn't feasible as all V3 processing used to be all on-the-fly. The bulk content importer, then the cron, then the CLI API have been carrying the background processing upgrade and in this release I take it further in order to process video uploads. I believe that the hardware, libraries and everything are more than mature and cheap enough so video will be finally added to v4.2!

Release dates​

Chevereto V4.2 (supremo) dates will be announced after V4.1.X

Last edited:
About video support is it more like you upload mp4 files only or will you be adding support for ffmpeg so it can do conversion? Which means users upload mkv, mpg/mpeg, avi formats that will then be under conversion process to mp4?

When video conversion is added in future, it will be great if gifs are converted to mp4 or webM to save space, and faster loading time for gif images.

Last edited:
HLS/Mpeg Dash if available as well, would make load times better while offering different qualities as well.

The "supremo" release has been changed from 4.1 to 4.2. I will re-announce 4.1 (pulento) shortly.

I hope you will be able to find a way to embed video files in a forum similar to
Code:
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxxxxxx[/video]

Back