• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chevereto V3.20.13 announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Dear Cheveretos,

👉 V3.20 is still the production standard and you will love to hear that V3.20.13 is already in the making and it will arrive by the end of the month.

1634580407213.png

For this new release we are focusing in adding more security to the system, by disabling iframe embedding and enforcing .htaccess updates. We are also migrating the build process to GitHub CI, which will make for us dead easy to ship future maintenance updates for V3.20.

We are also adding safety measures that will improve on the remote URL functionality for those that still want to run that unsafe feature. As you may remember, in V3.20.12 the remote URL functionality was taken away for security reasons and while we still insist in that it shouldn't be enabled, we are aware that many of you are stubborn in this regard. That's why we are adding these, for your own protection as is better than nothing.

This release adds a "Chevereto news" section at dashboard. The goal is that nobody misses the announcements and relevant news regarding the software. A lot of stuff is always happening, but for 99% of users that's not the case and we want to amend that.

Chevereto v3.12.3 pre-release notes
  • Added IP ranges blocking from URL upload
  • Added protocol restrictions for URL upload
  • Added enforced .htaccess update
  • Added "Chevereto news" to dashboard panel
  • Added cron ran status check
  • Improved .htaccess configuration
  • Removed DRM
  • Fixed bug affecting mobile listings
Hope you like the heads-up!

Last edited:
It will override, the change (restriction of arbitrary .php) must be forced for security reasons!
I've made my security updates including what you're probably doing, but thanks for the heads up, I'll make a backup before I update. 🥳🤙🏽

🥳 For this release we are also removing the DRM and the inclusion of the license file at app/license.php.

We are doing this because the DRM is useless (plus I never liked it) and because we want to introduce license key regeneration, enabling you to revoke old license keys from your client panel. With this, you will be able to easily regenerate your license key and protect your digital purchase against any event 💖.

🥁 Chevereto V3.20.13 will be DRM free, and the app/license.php file and checking won't be required. The license will be required only when you need to upgrade to a new release:

1634685454522.png

🎉 No more DRM in Chevereto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back