• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chevereto v3.17 announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Hey there,

I've just released v3.16 and I already have plans for the next version. As you already know, Chevereto is on LTS so my work is basically to improve it by making better what it already does. That way I can spend less time in support, keep sales going and work on V4.

That's why I'm announcing Chevereto v3.17, which will improve on third-party login situation by implementing hybridauth. This will allow to support many login providers. It is about time to improve login as the original dependencies on which I built the system are on a death end, with poor maintenance and it has already caused many support issues in the past (specially with Facebook). Secondly, we are getting behind by not providing support for more providers.

For 3.17 I also want to improve the background jobs situation. Currently the software runs its background processing on a normal HTTP request, which causes poor website performance if there's too much image deleting in the pseudo-background. What I want to do here is to move everything to a cron and leave HTTP light as possible. I've already made progress there as 3.15 introduced the cron for bulk content importer.

Chevereto v3.17.0 pre-release notes
- Added support for nested albums
- Added support for equirectangular 360 images
- Added lock file workaround for automatic bulk importer
- Added option to set the album cover image
- Added target _blank for "Powered by Chevereto" link
- Changed recaptcha domain to recatpcha.net
- Deprecated album thumbs on listings (performance)
- Improved third-party login system
- Improved background processing
- Improved support for Google Photos importing
- Improved /moderate (default sort is now Oldest)
- Removed StumbleUpon share button
- Removed share tab from /album
- Fixed bug in S3 compatible endpoint [12543]
- Fixed CHV\decodeID bug
- Fixed bug in CHV\isSafeToExecute()
- Fixed bug in Akismet affecting content manager [12701]
- Fixed bug in listing move to album when disabled NSFW editing [12714]

Please note that this release will be out by November 2020.

New notes added:
  • Added lock file workaround for automatic bulk importer
    This refers to a lock file which the automatic importer detects in order to force to skip importing. This will be useful when you want to import with metadata, so you don't want the importer to start processing before you are sure that all files have been placed correctly in the importing path.
  • Improved support for Google Photos importing
    Better support for the format implemented by Google Takeout, allows to import content with metadata properties.
  • Fixed bug in S3 compatible endpoint
    S3 compatible storage is requiring only HTTPS endpoints,it will now support both http and https.

I'm thinking to add nested albums OR nested categories for v3.17... Which is more important for you and why?

P.S. I've the intention to add both, but which gets first?

Nested albums.

I currently can't think of a use case for neted categories. Multiple categories for an image seems more usefull for me.

Both things would be nice, but tags also tho, especially for community based websites which are in one Niche, example, imagine u got image community for flowers, and alot people are posting pictures about Roses, but in different variety, so you can better categorise them all in one single Category but with different tags..

Best regards

New release notes added.
  • Added support for nested albums
    This allows to organize images in a nested structure, without inheritance (each album handles its own privacy). This is perfect for managing large photo collections, it was about time to add this one.
  • Added support for equirectangular 360 images
    🎉 I got sponsored (someone paid me for) to add 360 photo support. Hope to keep getting sponsored, I code for money and goods.
Hope to drop a beta asap, because I need to get feedback on the nested albums functionality. Perhaps Monday?

I wish could support Microsoft OneDrive.😢

It seems that I will need to write in the documentation why personal cloud drives won't ever be an option as public storage for Chevereto. I keep getting requests to use it with OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. Using those in Chevereto break their TOS, it won't ever happen. At most, it will be supported for importing images, but never to provide public storage to the uploaded files.

It seems that I will need to write in the documentation why personal cloud drives won't ever be an option as public storage for Chevereto. I keep getting requests to use it with OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. Using those in Chevereto break their TOS, it won't ever happen. At most, it will be supported for importing images, but never to provide public storage to the uploaded files.
For One Drive, Google Drive, etc should be a optional at a extra fee separate from the "External Storage" setting, say "Drive Storage" (new one) so that way they will allow and wont break their TOS. That how I have noticed from other software by doing that.

No I really mean that it can't be done, at least Google Drive clearly state that you can't use it for the purpose of using it as a CDN.

1604009203273.png

I won't work in something that will get banned. Simple as that.

No I really mean that it can't be done, at least Google Drive clearly state that you can't use it for the purpose of using it as a CDN.

View attachment 3350

I won't work in something that will get banned. Simple as that.
ah they changed it now. It used be allowdd. Guess I am behind in news. Ive been too busy. father of 3 children, running 3 business at once and all that..... Crazy timings, But anyway. So I guess focus the paid services like S3 providers.

Second beta is already released and now the only missing feature is the change of the third-party login system. I will start to work again on it later this week, in the meanwhile I will be doing some V4 stuff.

If everything goes as planned v3.17 will be out within this month.

Awesomely done @Rodolfo I can upgrade my site later, as this looks pretty stable so we can see what happens when thousands of users are trying to use the new features at once to see if anything comes up I'll back up my database like always before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back