Work in progress Chevereto v3.12.0

Rodolfo

Chevereto Guru-Guru
Staff member
Website
rodolfoberrios.com
There are additional release notes for V3.12.0.
  • Added support for custom image paths
    Images may now specify a custom image path for storage, which aims to enhance the bulk image importer by providing the option to preserve the file path structure for each image individually. This will help to don't break these websites where tons of images are being embedded and editing these URL paths is not feasible (too many different paths).
  • Added URL redirector for imported content
    Importing content into Chevereto will allow you to indicate the URL path used for content viewing (like /view?image=id) and it will automatically redirect these to the content viewer URLs handled by Chevereto (/image/<id>).
Both additions make the importer incredible flexible and makes the transition into Chevereto more hassle free.

Last edited:

Rodolfo

Chevereto Guru-Guru
Staff member
Website
rodolfoberrios.com
  • Improved implementation of composer package manager
    Composer package manager is about to be used the right way. Enabling to easily keep all dependencies updated. This allows getting more features, better performance, and easier access to security patches.

ibrahimipek

Network license
License owner
I'm about to release the third beta (yes, 3 betas already!) and I've just pushed the new language strings for http://translate.chevereto.com (kudos if you want to help translating).

No development on the bulk importer, but we will get there 👍
danish language updated :) (only front page, no admin panel).

Rodolfo

Chevereto Guru-Guru
Staff member
Website
rodolfoberrios.com
  • Added support for universal S3 providers
    Every compatible S3 provider will be available for external storage. DigitalOcean Spaces DreamObjects, HostEurope, Dunkel Storage, Wasabi, Minio as well as many others will be supported for external storage.

Rodolfo

Chevereto Guru-Guru
Staff member
Website
rodolfoberrios.com
More features confirmed for v3.12.0
  • Added support for Azure Storage
    Now you will be able to use Azure Storage as external storage server.
  • Added support for Alibaba Cloud Object Storage Service (OSS)
    Now you will be able to use Alibaba Cloud OSS as external storage server.
  • Added support for Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
    Now you will be able to use Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage as external storage server.

Last edited:

Rodolfo

Chevereto Guru-Guru
Staff member
Website
rodolfoberrios.com
More features confirmed for v3.12.0
  • Added support for subdomain wildcards for languages and user profiles [10441]
    This enables you to optionally use subdomain wildcards for usernames and/or languages. By enabling username subdomain wildcards, you can offer username.chevereto.com style sub-domains for your users. Language sub-domains will be used to create multiple SEO friendly localized versions of your Chevereto powered websites.
  • Added support for hreflang [9695]
    Hreflang is the standard used by Google for websites in multiple languages. Now, Chevereto fully supports that standard.
  • Fixed bug in isSafeToExecute function
  • PHP minimum version supported 5.6
Note that betas have been already being released and I'm about to upload v3.12.0.beta.5. Just to keep you updated on what's going on with the development.

JakeSully

Network license
Beta tester
Does it mean Chevereto 3.12 does not work with 5.5 or you just didn't test it with 5.5?
It means he made script only work from 5.6 and up, so it may work on 5.5 but use it at your own risk and if you get problems then it won't get support from @Rodolfo if you use php 5.5

Rodolfo

Chevereto Guru-Guru
Staff member
Website
rodolfoberrios.com
Still working on the importer, trying to make it multi-threading and doing the metadata parsing (allows to inject album and user properties). The album parser allows even to set the album privacy / password. For the user parser I'm also allowing to inject profile images (avatar and background).

I also added a log system (txt file based) to properly debug every step of the process.

1539654248639.png

The importer class itself is already bigger than class.user.php and is not near done yet. This is just to put in context why this is taking that long.

1539654494050.png

I will try to get it out asap since I'm already delayed with this thing and I think that is safe to say that this will be the greatest release in years and the most tested version ever released with currently 5 beta releases out there.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.