Chevereto v3.12.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Website
rodolfoberrios.com
There are additional release notes for V3.12.0.
  • Added support for custom image paths
    Images may now specify a custom image path for storage, which aims to enhance the bulk image importer by providing the option to preserve the file path structure for each image individually. This will help to don't break these websites where tons of images are being embedded and editing these URL paths is not feasible (too many different paths).
  • Added URL redirector for imported content
    Importing content into Chevereto will allow you to indicate the URL path used for content viewing (like /view?image=id) and it will automatically redirect these to the content viewer URLs handled by Chevereto (/image/<id>).
Both additions make the importer incredible flexible and makes the transition into Chevereto more hassle free.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nirjonadda and twm

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Website
rodolfoberrios.com
  • Improved implementation of composer package manager
    Composer package manager is about to be used the right way. Enabling to easily keep all dependencies updated. This allows getting more features, better performance, and easier access to security patches.

ibrahimipek

Network license
License owner
I'm about to release the third beta (yes, 3 betas already!) and I've just pushed the new language strings for http://translate.chevereto.com (kudos if you want to help translating).

No development on the bulk importer, but we will get there đź‘Ť
danish language updated :) (only front page, no admin panel).

Reactions: Rodolfo

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Website
rodolfoberrios.com
  • Added support for universal S3 providers
    Every compatible S3 provider will be available for external storage. DigitalOcean Spaces DreamObjects, HostEurope, Dunkel Storage, Wasabi, Minio as well as many others will be supported for external storage.

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Website
rodolfoberrios.com
More features confirmed for v3.12.0
  • Added support for Azure Storage
    Now you will be able to use Azure Storage as external storage server.
  • Added support for Alibaba Cloud Object Storage Service (OSS)
    Now you will be able to use Alibaba Cloud OSS as external storage server.
  • Added support for Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
    Now you will be able to use Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage as external storage server.

Last edited:

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Website
rodolfoberrios.com
More features confirmed for v3.12.0
  • Added support for subdomain wildcards for languages and user profiles [10441]
    This enables you to optionally use subdomain wildcards for usernames and/or languages. By enabling username subdomain wildcards, you can offer username.chevereto.com style sub-domains for your users. Language sub-domains will be used to create multiple SEO friendly localized versions of your Chevereto powered websites.
  • Added support for hreflang [9695]
    Hreflang is the standard used by Google for websites in multiple languages. Now, Chevereto fully supports that standard.
  • Fixed bug in isSafeToExecute function
  • PHP minimum version supported 5.6
Note that betas have been already being released and I'm about to upload v3.12.0.beta.5. Just to keep you updated on what's going on with the development.

Reactions: twm and anfedi

JakeSully

Network license
Beta tester
Does it mean Chevereto 3.12 does not work with 5.5 or you just didn't test it with 5.5?
It means he made script only work from 5.6 and up, so it may work on 5.5 but use it at your own risk and if you get problems then it won't get support from @Rodolfo if you use php 5.5

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Website
rodolfoberrios.com
Still working on the importer, trying to make it multi-threading and doing the metadata parsing (allows to inject album and user properties). The album parser allows even to set the album privacy / password. For the user parser I'm also allowing to inject profile images (avatar and background).

I also added a log system (txt file based) to properly debug every step of the process.

1539654248639.png

The importer class itself is already bigger than class.user.php and is not near done yet. This is just to put in context why this is taking that long.

1539654494050.png

I will try to get it out asap since I'm already delayed with this thing and I think that is safe to say that this will be the greatest release in years and the most tested version ever released with currently 5 beta releases out there.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

john365

Network license
License owner
Hi Rodolfo,

Based on my reading of the Cheverto' s direction, is Chevereto 3.12 version the last major update with PHP as the source and then version 4.0 would be any language etc Ruby for example?

And if version 4 is already planned? How long before it comes to market?

Sorry, the reason I'm asking is I want to plan whether I should invest money into modifying Chevereto 3.12 once launched to suit my needs or wait for version 4.0 and invest then?

Any thoughts regarding future direction would be appreciated.

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Website
rodolfoberrios.com
is Chevereto 3.12 version the last major update with PHP as the source and then version 4.0 would be any language etc Ruby for example?
There will be more releases in v3.X because there are some must have features that should be added like a photo editor and tags. The deadline for the final release is this year and I will stop development of V3 when that happens.

Switching to another language will depend on what I can get out of it. For example, PHP handles relational DB very good and the driver support is massive. Maybe I could use PHP there and JS for everything else, just thinking out loud.

I'm asking is I want to plan whether I should invest money into modifying Chevereto 3.12 once launched to suit my needs or wait for version 4.0 and invest then?
V3.X is not devereloper friendly and that won't change anytime soon. V4 is going to be greater than expected and it should provide a SDK for adding stuff to it which will make cheaper to develop modifications for it.

Even if I keep using PHP the code will be dramatically different and you will still need to refactoring all your modifications.

john365

Network license
License owner
Hi Rodolf,

Thanks for the quick reply. I see I'm kinda stuck then. I do really like your script and thought that it would be developer friendly (Cheverto framework) since it has most of the things I need already like external storage.

Well looking forward to the Membership Function, Tagging, Photo Editor etc.

And since there is no timeline for version 4 anytime soon which based on SDK would be really good for building your script out.

Again thanks for the reply.

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Website
rodolfoberrios.com
It is dev friendly if you only consider forking it, not plug it. By forking it you need to merge the changes manually on every release and that's the reason why is not dev friendly, because it doesn't support plugins.

beklerken

Core license
License owner
Website
www.cifci.org
i will this
i wait a suprise on v4.0

:)

i have problems on update

Update in progress

• 18:09:47 Attempting to extract v3.11.1
  • 18:09:47 Downloaded v3.11.1, proceeding to extraction
  • 18:09:36 Starting v3.11.1 download
  • 18:09:36 Update needed, proceeding to download
  • 18:09:36 Last available release is v3.11.1
  • 18:09:35 Installed version is v3.10.18
the system is claimed there :)
how can i update ?

It is has been a while since a big update, here is what I'm planning for v3.12.0

Chevereto v3.12.0 pre-release notes:
  • Added bulk image importer
    It will allow to import content from a local folder in your website and you will be able to indicate the folder structure (plain, /user/albums, /user/albums/cats, etc).
  • Added support for custom image paths
    Images may now specify a custom image path for storage, which aims to enhance the bulk image importer by providing the option to preserve the file path structure for each image individually. This will help to don't break these websites where tons of images are being embedded and editing these URL paths is not feasible (too many different paths).
  • Added URL path redirector for imported content
    Importing content into Chevereto will allow you to indicate the URL path used for content viewing (like /view?image=id) and it will automatically redirect these to the content viewer URLs handled by Chevereto (/image/<id>).
  • Added new login/signup page design
    Login, signup, password forgot and all these related pages gets a new design (see the attachment).
  • Added support for guest albums
    Guest will now capable of creating guest albums.
  • Added support for Azure Storage (external storage provider)
    Now you will be able to use Azure Storage as external storage server provider.
  • Added support for Alibaba Cloud Object Storage Service (OSS)
    Now you will be able to use Alibaba Cloud OSS as external storage server.
  • Added support for Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
    Now you will be able to use Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage as external storage server.
  • Added support for universal S3 providers
    Every compatible S3 provider will be available for external storage. DigitalOcean Spaces DreamObjects, HostEurope, Dunkel Storage, Wasabi, Minio as well as many others will be supported for external storage.
  • Added binding for guest content when user logs in
    Currently the system only binds content when the guest register an account, in this new release this feature will work on signup and login as well.
  • Added internal-only redirects
    The URL redirector for user-provided content will now work only internally, meaning that these redirects won't work at all in other websites.
  • Added manager role
    This role grants control all over the content and users (not admins, not other managers) without access to system settings, user emails and user social networks. Manager will be capable of editing users, contentm search and ban IPs and everything you may think as content related management.
  • Added support for subdomain wildcards for languages and user profiles [10441]
    This enables you to optionally use subdomain wildcards for usernames and/or languages. By enabling username subdomain wildcards, you can offer username.chevereto.com style sub-domains for your users. Language sub-domains will be used to create multiple SEO friendly localized versions of your Chevereto powered websites.
  • Added support for hreflang [9695]
    Hreflang is the standard used by Google for websites in multiple languages. Now, Chevereto fully supports that standard.
  • Removed demo.chevereto.com failover for PUP [10297]
    PUP won't failover to demo if the data-url attribute gets tempered or under an unsupported browser.
  • Improved listing performance by using "seek" method
    Listing is getting a massive improvement by using seek clauses instead of offsets. Previously, paginated results were being generated using LIMIT OFFSET, which has the downside that the larger your database gets, the slower listings became. V3.12.0 address this problem using "seek" clauses, which are conditionals that tell the system where to start looking for the data (rather than get all the data when you use OFFSET). You may learn more about this in this entry.
  • Improved implementation of composer package manager
    Composer package manager is about to be used the right way. Enabling to easily keep all dependencies updated. This allows getting more features, better performance, and easier access to security patches.
  • Improved menu animation for mobile
    Menus in mobile will now appear from the bottom of the screen with a sliding animation.
  • Changed global theme font to Helvetica
    Deprecated Opensans and all its large footprint (font files, css)
  • Improved header centering (flexbox)
    Header button and elements (like list editor) are now centered using flexbox model.
  • Added fixed "Save changes" button on Dashboard > Settings
    You won't need to scroll to the bottom, the buttom will be fixed at the bottom of your screen (see attachment).
  • Fixed minor PHP 7 compatibility issues
    Detected and patched 2 issues with PHP 7.
  • Fixed bug with cover flickering (scrollbars)
    Gets rid of the random flickering that sometimes appear on landing-style pages (covers).
  • Fixed bug in storage migration tool [10255]
  • Fixed bug in user editing [10291]
  • Added top shadow mask for cover backgrounds
    It adds a very light shadow effect for better top bar readability.
  • Added password strength color indicador level
    The password bar now users colors to represent how strong a password is.
  • Deprecated "Keep me login" option (always keep login now)
    Login will be handled as permanent, no need to tick the "remember me" checkbox anymore.
  • Fixed bug in multiple login sessions (cookie conflicts)
    When login in multiple devices sometimes the session gets messed up, the issue has been fixed by dropping the old session and pushing a new one using the login cookie.
  • Fixed bug in user settings (change roles)
    Admin wasn't able to change their own role (like changing roles from admin to user)
  • Fixed bugs in Spanish translation
    Sin comentarios.
  • Fixed bug in isSafeToExecute function
  • PHP minimum version supported 5.6
I will try to release this one on September 2018.

tomsit

Moderator & Chevereto freak
Community Staff
Website
freeimage.host
@beklerken

Hi, looks like you have posted in the wrong forum. But don't worry that happens now and then! Please submit a new post in the community support section and fill out the template accordingly. Then hopefully we will be able to understand the issue.

You can find the correct section HERE

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Website
rodolfoberrios.com
There are more features on v3.12.0
  • Added dashboard option to force HTTPS
    Although Chevereto automatically detects HTTPS, some servers are just not configured in a way that makes possible this detection. I've added a dashboard setting to tweak this behavior (auto, forced, disabled) so you won't need to touch any .php file to use HTTPS in your websites.

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Website
rodolfoberrios.com
There are more features confirmed for v3.12.0
  • Improved Dashboard navigation with better document titles
    This allows to don't get confused when browsing the Dashboard using several tabs at the same time. It changes this:
    1540348652962.png
    To this:
    1540348622221.png

tomsit

Moderator & Chevereto freak
Community Staff
Website
freeimage.host
Status
Not open for further replies.