It is has been a while since a big update, here is what I'm planning for v3.12.0
Chevereto v3.12.0 pre-release notes:
Chevereto v3.12.0 pre-release notes:
- Added bulk image importer
It will allow to import content from a local folder in your website and you will be able to indicate the folder structure (plain, /user/albums, /user/albums/cats, etc).
- Added support for custom image paths
Images may now specify a custom image path for storage, which aims to enhance the bulk image importer by providing the option to preserve the file path structure for each image individually. This will help to don't break these websites where tons of images are being embedded and editing these URL paths is not feasible (too many different paths).
- Added URL path redirector for imported content
Importing content into Chevereto will allow you to indicate the URL path used for content viewing (like /view?image=id) and it will automatically redirect these to the content viewer URLs handled by Chevereto (/image/<id>).
- Added new login/signup page design
Login, signup, password forgot and all these related pages gets a new design (see the attachment).
- Added support for guest albums
Guest will now capable of creating guest albums.
- Added support for Azure Storage (external storage provider)
Now you will be able to use Azure Storage as external storage server provider.
- Added support for Alibaba Cloud Object Storage Service (OSS)
Now you will be able to use Alibaba Cloud OSS as external storage server.
- Added support for Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
Now you will be able to use Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage as external storage server.
- Added support for universal S3 providers
Every compatible S3 provider will be available for external storage. DigitalOcean Spaces DreamObjects, HostEurope, Dunkel Storage, Wasabi, Minio as well as many others will be supported for external storage.
- Added binding for guest content when user logs in
Currently the system only binds content when the guest register an account, in this new release this feature will work on signup and login as well.
- Added internal-only redirects
The URL redirector for user-provided content will now work only internally, meaning that these redirects won't work at all in other websites.
- Added manager role
This role grants control all over the content and users (not admins, not other managers) without access to system settings, user emails and user social networks. Manager will be capable of editing users, contentm search and ban IPs and everything you may think as content related management.
- Added support for subdomain wildcards for languages and user profiles 
This enables you to optionally use subdomain wildcards for usernames and/or languages. By enabling username subdomain wildcards, you can offer username.chevereto.com style sub-domains for your users. Language sub-domains will be used to create multiple SEO friendly localized versions of your Chevereto powered websites.
- Added support for hreflang 
Hreflang is the standard used by Google for websites in multiple languages. Now, Chevereto fully supports that standard.
- Removed demo.chevereto.com failover for PUP 
PUP won't failover to demo if the data-url attribute gets tempered or under an unsupported browser.
- Improved listing performance by using "seek" method
Listing is getting a massive improvement by using seek clauses instead of offsets. Previously, paginated results were being generated using LIMIT OFFSET, which has the downside that the larger your database gets, the slower listings became. V3.12.0 address this problem using "seek" clauses, which are conditionals that tell the system where to start looking for the data (rather than get all the data when you use OFFSET). You may learn more about this in this entry.
- Improved implementation of composer package manager
Composer package manager is about to be used the right way. Enabling to easily keep all dependencies updated. This allows getting more features, better performance, and easier access to security patches.
- Improved menu animation for mobile
Menus in mobile will now appear from the bottom of the screen with a sliding animation.
- Changed global theme font to Helvetica
Deprecated Opensans and all its large footprint (font files, css)
- Improved header centering (flexbox)
Header button and elements (like list editor) are now centered using flexbox model.
- Added fixed "Save changes" button on Dashboard > Settings
You won't need to scroll to the bottom, the buttom will be fixed at the bottom of your screen (see attachment).
- Fixed minor PHP 7 compatibility issues
Detected and patched 2 issues with PHP 7.
- Fixed bug with cover flickering (scrollbars)
Gets rid of the random flickering that sometimes appear on landing-style pages (covers).
- Fixed bug in storage migration tool 
- Fixed bug in user editing 
- Added top shadow mask for cover backgrounds
It adds a very light shadow effect for better top bar readability.
- Added password strength color indicador level
The password bar now users colors to represent how strong a password is.
- Deprecated "Keep me login" option (always keep login now)
Login will be handled as permanent, no need to tick the "remember me" checkbox anymore.
- Fixed bug in multiple login sessions (cookie conflicts)
When login in multiple devices sometimes the session gets messed up, the issue has been fixed by dropping the old session and pushing a new one using the login cookie.
- Fixed bug in user settings (change roles)
Admin wasn't able to change their own role (like changing roles from admin to user)
- Fixed bugs in Spanish translation
- Fixed bug in isSafeToExecute function
- PHP minimum version supported 5.6
- Added dashboard option to force HTTPS
Although Chevereto automatically detects HTTPS, some servers are just not configured in a way that makes possible this detection. I've added a dashboard setting to tweak this behavior (auto, forced, disabled) so you won't need to touch any .php file to use HTTPS in your websites.
- Improved Dashboard navigation with better document titles
67.2 KB Views: 173
815.9 KB Views: 150