• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Chevereto supports only 2MB Max Upload size

mkerala

👽 Chevereto Freak
I recently purchased Chevereto through Arvixe hosting. But to my surprise I saw this

Max. allowed 2 MB
Max. allowed filesize. (Max allowed by server is 2 MB)

The whole point of me buying Chevereto was to replace my age old CF Image hosting script which supports up to 30MB on my current shared hosting server.

The limit is not about Chevereto, is default host setting. Any script can support any file upload size but the php.ini at your server seems to be limited at 2MB so Chevereto can't override that. You must send a support ticket and ask your hosting to increase that limit.

I have forwarded the request to Arvixe.

But why would they do that? 2MB for a image hosting is joke. I bought Arvixe hosting since I thought it was the "Ideal" hosting company for Chevereto.

Because 2MB is the default setting in php.ini since ages and is each host call how much or less they tweak the php.ini default limits.

I had used Godaddy, Hostgator and Justhost. All of which worked fine on 30MB upload of my CF Image hosting script.

Like I said, forward your questions to Arvixe. Some hosters allows PHP (script layer) to override that setting in execution, I havent tested if Arvixe allows that but 2 MB is a safe value in a shared server. You should not put 30 MB in a shared server, ever.

Hey mkerala2,

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. However, please provide me your Arvixe username and we will go in and increase your limit ASAP. Additionally, we are going to increase this limit by default for Chevereto installations.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Last edited:
Arvixe username: mkerala
Please increase it to at least 50MB.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was searching for good hosting offer from Godaddy or Hostgator if you guys don't take my request.

mkerala2,

Thanks for the information. Your limit will be increased to the requested 50MB.

We're also looking in to the 'Fatal error: Class 'PDO' not found in /home/mkerala/public_html/lib/G/classes/class.db.php on line 67' on your site. Please be patient while we look into this.

By default our server's max is 512MB, not 2MB. It turns out the 2MB max is set in Chevereto and this limit can be easily changed in your Chevereto dashboard by going to Dashboard > Settings > Image Upload. You can set this value up to 512MB since that's Arvixe's default max limit.

We have changed this value for you.

When I was there I saw was this when I tried to change to 50MB.

Max. allowed 2 MB
Max. allowed filesize. (Max allowed by server is 2 MB)

Now it has been changed to
Max. allowed filesize. (Max allowed by server is 512 MB)

Anyway thanks.

I think now arvixe allows us to edit php.ini. Just look in Cpanel for php settings.

That's correct. There are a few methods to do this.

Recommended: cPanel > PHP Settings > Click to create PHP.ini and change whatever values needed.

Easy: Create a php.ini file and do the following:

PHP:
max_execution_time = 60;
memory_limit = 256M;
upload_max_filesize = 256M;
post_max_size =  256M;

Always in megabytes, for example 1GB will be 1024M

For the nerds (or if you need to edit a lot of variables): Place this php.ini (rename to just php.ini) file in /home/<username> (not inside public_html) and add this to your .htaccess file:

PHP:
suPHP_ConfigPath /home/<username>/php.ini

Then go to your Chevereto dashboard => Settings => Image Upload => Max. filesize (MB)

Lazy? Okay.. http://yoursite.com/dashboard/settings/image-upload

That's correct. There are a few methods to do this.

Recommended: cPanel > PHP Settings > Click to create PHP.ini and change whatever valu... -snip-

After following everything here I have discovered that just creating the php.ini file causes the PDO error on line 67. As for using the recommended way, I couldn't find the correct area in the cPanel.

By default our server's max is 512MB, not 2MB. It turns out the 2MB max is set in Chevereto and this lim... -snip-
Username: bwlf

Hi Seann,

Sent you an email. It looks like you've been helped via support with Jawad. Let me know if you encounter any further issues. I apologize for not seeing your posts to this thread earlier. I have made sure that my notification settings are enabled.

Don't hesitate to reach out directly to me if you run across any other issues or need support.

Hi Seann,

Sent you an email. It looks like you've been helped via support with Jawad. Let me know if you encounter any further issues. I apologize for not seeing your posts to this thread earlier. I have made sure that my notification settings are enabled.

Don't hesitate to reach out directly to me if you run across any other issues or need support.

Thank you for the reply, yes Jawad has assisted me with the issue and got it done before I could click my fingers. :)

Like I said, forward your questions to Arvixe. Some hosters allows PHP (script layer) to override that setting in execution, I havent tested if Arvixe allows that but 2 MB is a safe value in a shared server. You should not put 30 MB in a shared server, ever.

I Am Cool With You
But Just Let Me Say...
My Animation From .MP4'S
Do All Run Up To 55MB Or So.
THEY ARE SAFE. THEY ARE REAL. THIS IS 2015.

RE: 500 PX. .GIF'S.

Creating Animation From Movies
Is Exactly! Where This Is At. Thank You.

I Bought Your Chevereto. Really Cool Indeed So.

Back