• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chevereto FREE

Is this still true in 2017? I was wondering it Chevereto Free could be reused in a new site, different logo and branding (e.g. Animated Cat Pics) with text that says either "forked from Cheverto or powered by Cheverto". The LICENSE file seems to say otherwise.

This topic wasn't about what we know today as "Chevereto Free".

And no, you can't remove any branding.

Code:
Chevereto Free
http://chevereto.com/free

Copyright (C) 2016 - Rodolfo Berrios A. <inbox@rodolfoberrios.com>

Chevereto Free is provided under AGPL v3 (GNU AFFERO GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE v3) with modified Section 7. In accordance with Section 7 of the AGPL, the Works included in this package or repository (excluding 3rd party Software), are subject to the following additional terms:

You cannot remove any Chevereto logo or branding either from source code or user interface and/or any other interface that can be publicly seen by end user. No other brands, trade names, trademarks or service marks may be used for derivative products. All names, links and logos of Chevereto must be kept as in original distribution without any changes in all software screens (including install screen, dashboard, software header etc). There are tight and enforcing restrictions on your ability to modify, change or remove Chevereto name and logo from Chevereto software.

I wrote those terms to avoid someone from being able to offer to host Chevereto based software as a service, something like offer hosted Chevereto websites without making any reference at all to Chevereto. Offer hosted Chevereto is against what Chevereto is: A self hosted alternative. So when someone else host it for you it stops being a self host alternative and becomes something else. I don't know if that is good or bad to the project development, but what I know is that at this moment I don't want to have that kind of problem in my life. Maybe later.

Anyway, if this is for a project in which you won't disclose the code, you only need to keep a visible "Chevereto" branding. To be honest, I'm OK if the branding is in some "about us" or something, I don't need a site wide mention.

Back