• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chevereto error: Internal Server Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

gioh

Chevereto Member
site looks like it loads fine, but attempting to login or even view an uploaded image, you'll get this error:
Chevereto error: Internal Server Error

I'm hosted on arvixe and last week something happened with their servers and none of the databases were accessible. I wasn't able to load phpMyAdmin or even look at any of the mysql settings, etc. none of that would load as if mysql wasn't running. They ended up fixing that a few days later, but I'm still getting the error.

You're using up the memory allocated to MySQL... Are you using shared hosting or a vps? How much ram?

MySQL went down on their end last week and wasn't running for several days. If you're referring to those errors, I highly doubt the site is utilizing that much memory to kill MySQL.

This is pretty much the deal I went with: https://chevereto.com/hosting
Sounds like it should support what I've got going on.

Shared hosting servers can't really handle much in the way of uploading a bunch of files. They're honestly terrible for any small demand. I suggest you get a VPS with atleast 1gb of ram.

When it comes to VPS I suggest either ChicagoVPS for unmanaged or Site5 for managed. I use them both... I don't have a problem with hosting my Chevereto website. However, I have atleast 1gb of ram allocated to the SQL portion of the site.

Yeah thanks, but I'm fairly certain this install isn't yanking that much demand on mysql.

As for your affiliate links, thanks again but I've actually moved sites away from site5...

I'm allowing arvixe time to see if they can figure it out, since I know for sure it was a blunder on their end. If not I'm moving the site to another host I use for 100+ sites. I really only jumped on this deal because of the arvixe/chevereto bundle/promo. I made this post to see if I could get an answer/fix faster than arvixe could do anything and to leave it up for posterity in case anybody else goes through this.

Yeah thanks, but I'm fairly certain this install isn't yanking that much demand on mysql.

As for your affiliate links, thanks again but I've actually moved sites away from site5...

I'm allowing arvixe time to see if they can figure it out, since I know for sure it was a blunder on their end. If not I'm moving the site to another host I use for 100+ sites. I really only jumped on this deal because of the arvixe/chevereto bundle/promo. I made this post to see if I could get an answer/fix faster than arvixe could do anything and to leave it up for posterity in case anybody else goes through this.
Sorry. I forgot to put in my usual affiliate disclaimer. But yes. I put affiliate links for those two as I use them. I have about 5 VPS on Chicago... and 1 on Site5.

Having run image hosting on a few platforms... I've come to learn that shared hosts leave a lot to be desired for it when it comes to this. Thus is why I suggest a VPS... Don't care if you click the affiliate link or type it in yourself manually to avoid it. :p VPS is the way to go.

Though I am curious as to why you've moved away from Site5... I've been with them for years and rate them about 85/100 based on hosts I've used during the past 10 years...

MySQL gone away isn't always caused by memory or high resource usage. Most of the time is caused by a bad configuration so the thing kills the connection prematurely and you get those errors, I've saw dedicated servers with that issue so don't stick to the mem here without a proper evaluation.

MySQL gone away isn't always caused by memory or high resource usage. Most of the time is caused by a bad configuration so the thing kills the connection prematurely and you get those errors, I've saw dedicated servers with that issue so don't stick to the mem here without a proper evaluation.
Yes, but given that it's arvixe... You think it's misconfiguration? I'd assume it's memory from shared...

MySQL crashed on their end, couldn't load anything related to DB's - no MySQL management via cpanel, no phpmyadmin, nothing. Here's a screenshot of that.
EWZs_AWGjmEM4QPMqeqlEM_nyS9haBjXeg_5DMUn40c

The site's been running for months with no issues and with the same kind of stress on the server as far as utilization is concerned. They tout their services and it's not rinky dink shared from 1995 anymore. I'm certain it's not memory based...

And arvixe sucks. I had 5 dedi's and over 15 vps with them at one time, their support was garbage, much like it is now with this issue. 2 separate guys claimed my site was coming up fine with no issues...they obviously only loaded the home screen of chevereto and assumed everything was great without actually poking around. Amateur.

Chevereto supports only covers chevereto issues. Server issues needs to be related to to your hosting company.

Arvixe sponsors Chevereto but support isn't related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back