• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chevereto 3.15.0 announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Hey there,

Next week I will be working in the next Chevereto V3 revision, 3.14.2. This release aims to fix a lot of bugs that have been reported in the last months and it will add support for ProBoards (PUP) which means a lot of new peers using our Cheveretos to host their images.

You can help me in this process by checking the pending bugs and providing your feedback. That way I don't have to spend extra time in checking if the bugs are actually bugs or not and by providing more context about the alleged issues.

During this weekend I will be do my own part on bug checking to build the release notes for this revision, which I will publish on Monday.

By the way, if you have suggestions for this revision please let me know (try to keep it simple, it a revision not a new version).

Update 2020-04-02

Chevereto 3.14.2 pre-release notes

• Added tone mode light/dark toggle
  • Added automatic import
  • Added rebuild stats button
  • Added missing "hostname" setting
  • Added configurable display of embed codes (all, none, users) [11957]
  • Added file picker workaround for webview (Wechat, QQ) [12033]
  • Added pup.js support for ProBoards [11927]
  • Added pup.js support for Quill editor (Vanilla Forums) [11932]
  • Fixed bug in "move to album"
  • Fixed bug in External Storage S3 API [11917]
  • Fixed bug in image Exif orientation [11846]
  • Fixed bug in social signup [12007]
  • Fixed bug in URL rewriting [11840]
  • Fixed login when updating prior to 3.14.0
  • Fixed XSS vulnerability in image uploader [11899]
  • Improved image upload performance (parallel uploads)
  • Removed CloudFlare dashboard setting
  • Removed theme_top_bar_color option
  • Updated all vendor dependencies
  • Updated Bulgarian, Chinese Simplified, Danish, Estonian, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean and Lithuanian translations
Cheers,
Rodolfo.

I've updated (again) the release notes, the update is already installed at the demo where you can live test the thing.
  • Added configurable display of embed codes (everybody, none, users) [11957]
    The display of embed codes can be now configured. This way you can choose to display it for everybody, just users or disable it.
  • Added file picker workaround for webview (Wechat, QQ) [12033]
    This address the limitations of many applications implementing webview and not being able to browse images to upload.
  • Added pup.js support for ProBoards [11927]
    pup.js now supports ProBoards which is the largest forum service provider.
  • Added pup.js support for Quill editor (Vanilla Forums) [11932]
  • Fixed bug in "move to album"
    When moving images to an album it will update the album name + link in the image list item
  • Fixed bug in External Storage S3 API [11917]
    It used to show fields not related to S3 which caused confusion.
  • Fixed bug in image Exif orientation [11846]
    Image orientation fix is now properly implemented and it address all cases of orientation.
  • Fixed bug in social signup [12007]
    It was allowing to signup after try login with social network when the signup option was disabled
  • Fixed bug in URL rewriting [11840]
  • Fixed login when updating prior to 3.14.0
  • Fixed XSS vulnerability in image uploader [11899]
  • Improved image upload performance (parallel uploads)
    Uploads are now about 35% faster for concurrent processes.
  • Removed CloudFlare dashboard setting

Update, I'm working in continuous importing functionality which will allow to automatic import any given content being uploaded to /importing which may be useful in cases where you want to keep the importing running automatically and save all the hassle of a one-time importing process.

Several use cases can be addressed with automatic importing, like those who want to push images from any given device automatically (it just needs to transmit the images via FTP or anything of that kind). It could be also used to dummy activity in your websites, import very huge image sets, etc. It opens so many possibilities.

The functionality is almost ready and I'm doing the final testings now, adding the UI elements needed.

Hope you like the news,
Cheers.

Update, I'm adding two extra features to the release notes:
  • Added missing "hostname" setting
  • Added rebuild stats button
For reasons I don't understand (duh) the hostname wasn't being implemented in the database and it was only taking the value from app/settings.php. Also, the rebuild stats button provides a simple way to get rid of bad stat counters.

As you can predict, the release won't be ready for this week which is not that bad taking into account that the translations are still being patched.

The release should be available by the end of the next week.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Added configurable display of embed codes (all, none, users) [11957]

Excellent development improvement ! Also can control disable all code without BB Code full or BB Code full selected by default after upload complete?

Also can control disable all code without BB Code full or BB Code full selected by default after upload complete?
No, for that kind of control I encourage everybody to rely in template modifications. I can't (and won't) address every single possible display configuration.

Update, the release version has been changed to 3.15.0 and it will be released within this week (3.15.0.beta.1)

1586455269207.png

Automatic importing is looking very neat! it has the following features:
  • Ability to pause / resume
    That way you can prevent importing without touching the crontab entry. Useful in cases you want to manually control the importing and save the hassle.
  • Live update
    Each 10 seconds the statuses are updated to reflect the latest status.
  • Reset action
    Allows to clear stats and any logs, useful to get rid of old useless information. For example, if the process failed due to a wrong permission or if you simply want to remove the noise from a previous process.
Performance is also great, although we may need some tweaks in the timeouts and whatnot but I'm very happy with the outcome.

The beta will be out today.

Update in progress...
  • 22:29:29 Starting v3.15.0.beta.1 download
  • 22:29:29 Update needed, proceeding to download
  • 22:29:29 Last available release is v3.15.0.beta.1
  • 22:29:29 Installed version is v3.14.1

Hi please advise me when the final release is available for 3.15 so that i buy the license.

Thanks again

Hi Rodolfo, when updating the script version is there any risk to lose some modifications which we do, I mean in the index if we added external urls like Facebook, Instagram Page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back