• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chevereto 2.5.x Browser Plugin Generator (FireFox/Chrome - Supported!)

Cory

Chevereto Member
Issue: Users who have Chevereto 2.5.x, may not have a plugin for browsers, that's where add-ons come of use.

Fix: I've created a browser plugin, by simply asking a few questions and uploading a few images, your script will be created, zipped and a download link provided for you in browser addon format.
  • Supported Browsers:
    • FireFox (.xpi format)
    • Google Chrome (.crx format)
  • Unsupported Browsers:
    • Safari (.safariextz format)
    • Opera (.oxe format)
The unsupported list has been added at this current time they're currently in development as you'll see I did some slight template changes to the website, plus adding Google Ads; Which I've always had these, but never implemented them.

Cost is Free, However please consider making a donation by visiting the site. [Need AlertPay? Ask.]

Nothing to download other than your plugin, your information isn't saved anywhere other than the files it writes which are required for the plugin to be generated.

http://chevereto.imgwiz.com

Chevereto Configuration:

Open: /includes/config.php

Find:

Code:
$config['api_mode'] = 'private';

If set to 'private';

Change to:

Code:
$config['api_mode'] = 'public';

If already public, leave alone.

Reason: You will receive a 404 error.

Website has been updated. :)

Enjoy!

Don't ask if this is supported in new versions as it most likely will, unless something changes between 'Browsers' or the 'API' I'll let you know.

Supported: 2.0.x and 2.5.x (All Google Chrome and FireFox Browsers.)

Nice mod, but the generated addon doesn't work :(

I'm using ff 4.0.1 and the addon doesn't support ff 4.0.1, so i changed the suppoted versions to 3.6 till 5*. Not working to :(

Where do i find the api key in the xpi file?

Select, Min=FireFox 4 and Max=FireFox 5.* - It does work on 4.01 as that's what I tested it on.

I've install FireFox 6 beta and this addon works already.

xpi file is just a zip file...rename to .zip, extract

Access, chrome/content/overlay.js

Find:
Code:
.Chevereto + "/api?&key=

Your key will be displayed.

Edit any changes...Save file.

Re-zip all files from install.rdf and chrome.manifest first (do not upload them inside a folder otherwise it won't work.

Rename the zip to xpi and load the add-on manually.

or try using the generator again.

If you didn't get working, I had to change the apikey to public and then it worked, so this could be your issue.

I had one syntax error.... but now it's fixed... till not working.

Apikey changed to public: not working

The addon is installed, but if i do a right-click and click on the addon-function nothing happens.

Provide all the questions that's on my site for your site in a PM, I'll attempt to create it and test it.

• E-mail:[/*]
  • Plugin Name:[/*]
  • Plugin Version:[/*]
  • Creator:[/*]
  • Homepage:[/*]
  • Min. Firefox Version:[/*]
  • Max. Firefox Version:[/*]
  • Short Plugin Name (No www. or .tld):[/*]
  • Upload Label (Example: Upload to SiteName.com):[/*]
  • Favicon:[/*]
  • Icon:[/*]
  • Website URL:[/*]
  • API Key:[/*]

upload any images to your image site or http://imgwiz.com

Just an update, I am developing a Google Chrome Version.

Majority is finish, trying to solve a way to create a crx file as apparently, it's not a simple zip file and rename as FireFox is...

Once I figure this out, I'll update the first post of what I support and probably give an update some details on 'Generator 1.1'.

I have an error: "Firefox cannot find the file jar:file:///C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/omni.jar!/chrome/browser/content/browser/Link to photo hosting/api?&key=my_api_key&format=redirect&upload=a link to the image."

Works fine with firefox 7a2, thanks !

I'm now trying to add locales but the generated xpi is corrupted, I must miss something.

You mean with your script ? Yep.

I tried to manually edit the generated xpi from your nice website.

I get a 404 error after clicking "upload to t0asty.net" in firefox. ? im running 2.0.7 and my firefox is version 5

pv8g57.jpg

t0asty said:
I get a 404 error after clicking "upload to t0asty.net" in firefox. ? im running 2.0.7 and my firefox is version 5

pv8g57.jpg

Do you have the right api key? If yes;

Did you set the api to public instead of private? This is what I had to do and it fixed the 404 Error.

Cory said:
t0asty said:

pv8g57.jpg

Do you have the right api key? If yes;

Did you set the api to public instead of private? This is what I had to do and it fixed the 404 Error.

Yeh, API is the same and it's set to public, see screenshot:

nj91l1.jpg

Update (From another post):

I've actually been working on support for Google Chrome...

Folders are created. - Done.
Files are written. - Done.
Zips Folders and Files. - Done.

Issue: Simple 'rename' from .zip to crx (Google Chrome's extension) doesn't work, needs to be to an digital signature too, I found some PHP Code already written to make this work, but to no avail I haven't got this working as of yet.

As of now it's probably 85% Finished...

Back