• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Change filenames on privacy change

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
This request has been originated after this topic.

The idea is that when privacy changes from "public" to "private" the system should change all the actual image filenames so the content is not longer accesible via old direct URL links. This should affect only those images within an album that went from public to private.

What do you think?

Yes, it will cause issues with id based filenaming. It just won't work on id based filenames.

Seems like a good idea. But, I agree with @LEckley, the rewrite would be useless for private images if we go this route. It should be configurable if it is ever implemented.

I was afraid of that :(

I suppose if the file is being renamed we can also update the ID in the database avoiding the above?

ID is also used for the date based listings since the MySQL index created for the ID field is faster than the index created by the data field. So I believe that this suggestion won't work with the existing system functionalities.

Back