• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Category Moderation (&Multiple Categories)

Aenasu

Chevereto Member
Hi,

Am looking at purchasing but want to know if its possible to have some kind of review system where I can review an image that has been submitted for X category.

Also would be super handy to be able to assign multiple categories.

I also installed the free version to test out; after debugging a 500ISE (due to needing FollowSymLinks and Indexes turning on) it works, but the show a button to load large image sizes option doesn't seem to function. It still loads a 20Mb image. Is this intended?

Regards

Last edited:
No, system doesn't have category review and it doesn't handle multiple categories per image.

but the show a button to load large image sizes option doesn't seem to function. It still loads a 20Mb image. Is this intended?

What?

When it loads the view page of an image like domain/image/ZNB it loads the full res image immediately.

I used the above test image; it seems to get downsized and compressed on the test site and not even show the option to download the fullsize image.

Newest release (paid) added an option to set maximum image width OR height so the demo is downsizing everything too huge. To be honest you don't have to upload an image to determine if the demo works or not with the image load stuff, upload != viewer so is pointless. It will help a lot if you can at least give me the image URL so I can check for a bug or something.

If you think that is a bug of the free edition then please open an issue here: https://github.com/Chevereto/Chevereto-Free/issues (please add basic stuff like steps to reproduce the error and affected website URL).

Please note that at this time I'm not taking new requests for Chevereto and that the free edition comes "as is" which means that it is not supported like the paid edition, it doesn't have the same features and the code is weeks or even months older so you can't expect it to be 100% copy of the paid stuff.

To be clear I am not complaining about it; just while testing (trying to see how easy the code is to modify now) I found that there is a bug and just wanted to let you know. If I can modify the script to add a few features I actually need for this to work I will be buying the full version.
I would toss you a URL if I had one; it runs off a container on my home server currently.

As an aside you should change your .htaccess to +FollowSymLinks to +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch for security. (something I already patched) though I patched mine on a kernel level with grsecurity.

Last edited:
I will check this one for the next free edition release since the paid one doesn't shows any sign of this bug.

Last edited:
Yep, there is a bug there. I will patch it in the next release.

Back