Cant Upload via mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsalancfc

Founder license
License owner
I tried with opera and android browsers in mobile when i click on upload button nothing happens.

Rodolfo

Chevereto creator
Chevereto Staff
Android has disabled support for the HTML file api and most likely is due to a bug in Android. There is no workaround.

Rodolfo

Chevereto creator
Chevereto Staff
I think I got it, there seems to be a javascript issue affecting mobile uploads which is different thing from the Android thing (which affects only the latest Android).

I will check what is going on.

Rodolfo

Chevereto creator
Chevereto Staff
iOS8
The issue is caused due to a bug in Safari browser. I tested 8.0.0 and the error was there but after update to 8.0.2 the upload works again.

Android
Is a bug in Webkit that they need to fix.

arsalancfc

Founder license
License owner
iOS8
The issue is caused due to a bug in Safari browser. I tested 8.0.0 and the error was there but after update to 8.0.2 the upload works again.

Android
Is a bug in Webkit that they need to fix.
It also not working in Opera mobile browser. And if its a bug in android than how imgur upload button is working.

Rodolfo

Chevereto creator
Chevereto Staff
When I first noticed this issue (long time ago) I spent like 3 weeks debugging the thing with awful emulators and tools for Android and the conclusion was that the thing was a bug in Android 4.4. At that time no website worked (imgur, flickr, etc.). If someone has an Android phone and want to help with it welcome, but it will take longer for me to debug this thing because do it via emulator is extremely slow because the emulator that comes with the sdk is very bad and it crash every-time.

Rodolfo

Chevereto creator
Chevereto Staff
By the way, the upload from the top upload button works or is just the big red button which fails?

arsalancfc

Founder license
License owner
By the way, the upload from the top upload button works or is just the big red button which fails?
Both button fails. When i click on them(upload button) nothing happens. I tried with android browser+ opera mini mobile browser+ firefox mobile browser.

Rodolfo

Chevereto creator
Chevereto Staff
Well, there it was an issue with he red button that has been already fixed but that was all. When reporting something please do it in a neat way: Include versions (all of them), procedure that cause the issue, etc. Is hard to debug mobile and is even harder without extended info. I will close this topic now but please open a new report with all the required data.

Status
Not open for further replies.