• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Can't move temp file to the target upload dir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumies

Chevereto Member
I just made a fresh install and everything went well. But when I try to upload images, I get error "Can't move temp file to the target upload dir". Also, when I try to upload Profile picture nothing happens. It just shows that rolling indicator.

It seems that you may have issues with permissions. Does Apache has writing permissions on your website folders?

I have same problem.
folders "content" and "images" (with subfolders) - is writable by apache
When I try to upload images, I get error "Can't move temp file to the target upload dir"
In folder "images" - created folders 2014/4/6 - but no images uploaded

Thanks I will check it as soon as I get to my computer.

@Wiktor

Your problem is bad server config.

Chevereto use the standar function sys_get_temp_dir to get the PHP temp folder and the return of that function is "/tmp" which indeed exists in your server but not for the virtualhost. Chevereto needs a working temp dir to write the handled file and that is why the system is failing for you.

Last edited:
@Lumies

Your error is this:
Code:
Warning: rename(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/volume1/@tmp/phpBghGj2) is not within the allowed path(s):

Both problems are related to server settings and to fix it you must properly set a working temp folder where PHP can work. This could also affects sessions so you should take care of this issue.

Check this link: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13186069/sys-get-temp-dir-in-shared-hosting-environment

You may use app/chevereto-hook.php to hook the putenv or the app/settings.php file. Best that you can do is actually fix your server rather than inject something in PHP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back