• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Cannot change homepage photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig

Chevereto Member
I am having some issues with the homepage cover photo. I am using the dashboard to upload a new photo and I save it. I see the changed photo but then when I refresh the browser, the image I uploaded disappears and I see the default photo. The image also disappears from the dashboard.

Thank you.

I've seen this before. Make sure that /content folder is writable, if that doesn't help I could check your website tomorrow.

I was able to change the default cover and even add a new one. No issues at all, most likely you tried to use a corrupted image or something like that.

Rodolfo,

Thank you for taking a look at my site. The original photo is back. I tried to upload different photos and it keeps coming back. Guess at this point there is a bug somewhere. Do you think I should Clear my FTP client and reload Chevereto?

Thanks for your help

It's very odd it is cleaning that setting entirely, have you noticed other issues in your system? Like missing images, albums and stuff like that?

It's very odd it is cleaning that setting entirely, have you noticed other issues in your system? Like missing images, albums and stuff like that?

Yes I have seen some missing images. Could not figure out why.

That could be a rollback, which is when the database reverts to a prior state https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollback_(data_management)

I'm afraid that you need to contact your hosting company about this, just tell them that your website is experiencing issues that could be related to a rollback.
No luck with the hosting company. They did not see any issues on the server side and said since I am using a 3rd party platform, they cannot help. Should I delete the contents of the Chevereto folder from my FTP client and upload from scratch?

At first I tough that the issue could be PHP permissions because Chevereto checks the existence of each homepage cover and when it fails to do that it reverts the database setting, so it avoids doing an re-check on every successive homepage load.

Then you mentioned that you also are missing some images so that's tells me that it is a rollback because if Chevereto (PHP) isn't able to read the image, it shows an image replacement because the record is still in the table.

So if you can confirm that the images aren't not being even listed then the issue is a rollback. If you see a grey block with an icon of two images (not found replacement) then the issue is PHP permissions.

In any case, this is most likely a server issue anyway and is not new that your host says opposite. I mean, it happens only to you how it won't be a server issue?

Hope it helps.

At first I tough that the issue could be PHP permissions because Chevereto checks the existence of each homepage cover and when it fails to do that it reverts the database setting, so it avoids doing an re-check on every successive homepage load.

Then you mentioned that you also are missing some images so that's tells me that it is a rollback because if Chevereto (PHP) isn't able to read the image, it shows an image replacement because the record is still in the table.

So if you can confirm that the images aren't not being even listed then the issue is a rollback. If you see a grey block with an icon of two images (not found replacement) then the issue is PHP permissions.

In any case, this is most likely a server issue anyway and is not new that your host says opposite. I mean, it happens only to you how it won't be a server issue?

Hope it helps.

I can confirm that I see a gray block not found replacement for multiple images. How can I correct the PHP permissions on the server side?

Just make sure that PHP can write and read that whole directory (Chevereto installation).

Try to use group permissions for that, not chmod.

Just make sure that PHP can write and read that whole directory (Chevereto installation).

Try to use group permissions for that, not chmod.

I am pretty sure PHP can write the whole directory. How can I use group permissions for that. Sorry for all the questions, not a pro.

Thanks for your help Rodolfo

I'm afraid that you will need to ask your hosting company, my advice is to run away and get a new provider.

I'm afraid that you will need to ask your hosting company, my advice is to run away and get a new provider.

Thanks Rodolfo. Before I switch hosting providers, should I try emptying the Chevereto file on FTP and reloading? If so, I should be able to connect to the same database??

Move everything (files + DB) and in the new server point app/settings.php to your new database. This new database should be a copy of your old database.

I can't help you any further. Please keep in mind that this is Chevereto support not hosting/server support.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Move everything (files + DB) and in the new server point app/settings.php to your new database. This new database should be a copy of your old database.

I can't help you any further. Please keep in mind that this is Chevereto support not hosting/server support.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Got it. Thanks Rodolfo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back