• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Can Chevereto auto include images found in a particular directory?

schwim

Chevereto Member
Hi there everyone!

A while ago, I included Chevereto in a Photobucket thread in which I suggested the script to be used as a personal image repository. The general consensus by those that have taken the step is that the script is the bees knees.

I've been asked a few times, however, if Chevereto can have an auto upload feature for their phone. I know that an app does not exist with no plans in the works so I'm not asking about that, please keep reading :)

I've pointed them to an app that can sync their images to computer/ftp/whatever they want and it got me to thinking. Can Chevereto pull new images from a directory and include them in a particular album(perhaps, named auto-upload) so they can share these images while saving a few steps in the process?

Any insight would be welcome.

Thanks for your time!

There are plans for a bulk folder importer that should work similar to what you are describing.

No date so far, but it will be included in the mid-term.

Thanks very much for your reply, Rodolfo. If it's ok, I was wondering if I could ask a question.

I was going to play around and see if I could write up something to scan a directory and populate the image dirs and database but am having a problem figuring out how to use a hook.

First, I renamed chevereto-hook.php and just added an echo at the bottom and did a page source search but couldn't find the text. Then I saw in loader.php "# If you need to hook elements to this loader you can add them in loader-hook.php" so I created loader-hook.php in the app directory and added an echo to that but again couldn't find the text in the page generation of the index of my install.

Am I misunderstanding how to use the hook files for inclusion in page load?

Thanks for your time!

The hook is used for every request, you don't need to scan a directory for every request.

Use a route.

Back