Bulk import

Bak

Network license
License owner
During a bulk import, it sometimes happens that some images have a horizontal grey bar, as if they had not been completely processed.

This happens for about 5% of the images. At first, I thought it happened on the heaviest images, but not at all. It also happens on images that have a reduced size and weight.

Here is an example from what I get :

Any advice ?

Thanks

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
The installer has a log. If that doesn't mention anything or even if your error_log doesn't mention anything then the problem could be GD or something worse like bad I/O. Which GD version are you using?

I have this problem in one of my dev machines (not server grade hardware) and never saw this problem in production servers. Which are your server specs?

Bak

Network license
License owner
Well, error_log is not showing anything, GD version is : Version bundled (2.1.0 compatible) JPEG:1 GIF:1/1 PNG:1 WBMP:1 XBM:1 and for now I use a shared hosting from namecheap.com with :
  • Max. upload file size:128 MB
  • Max. post size:128 MB
  • Max. execution time:30 seconds
  • Memory limit:256 MB

Something interesting : I made 3 consecutive imports with the same images, each time the same images have a problem

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Problem is that is very hard to narrow down issues like this.

Regarding GD, at the demo I use Version 2.2.5 JPEG:1 GIF:1/1 PNG:1 WBMP:1 XBM:1.

It will help to know if the normal web upload also shows this problem. The Bulk importer uses the same upload API as the web uploader so if GD is the issue the problem should be there. If not, then it gets harder because it restrict the bug to happen under a certain CPU load or something like that.

Bak

Network license
License owner
I was using the normal web upload for this tests

I assume that the server load may be too high for some images, but I don't understand why some low quality images are processed the same way as images that weigh 100 times heavier, and why these low quality images are not displayed correctly

Bak

Network license
License owner
Ok sorry for "normal web upload", I just understood and I my answer was a mistake. I was using the Bulk upload

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
While this is certainly a bug, we don't have the tools needed to debug this properly. The only thing that I can suggest you is to use the latest stable GD library for your PHP.