• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Building the next-gen Chevereto (old topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2020-11-14

Last days I've been working in the processing for the application, which is a really interesting topic because V4 will run background jobs distributed in several workers, using RabbitMQ for messaging. This allows me to add extra attributes for the job, like priority or delay time. With this it will be feasible to charge users for getting a higher priority, or to delay everything except those who pay a minimum fee to use the service. Workers could be spawned in many different machines (same network, come on) and it will make feasible to run the application in ridiculously high demand use cases, which is something that is becoming normal as everyday I see how big websites keeps growing.

This processing is not only to scale the application, but also to support more machine-heavy tasks that could take minutes or even hours to complete. Thanks to this, V4 can go further and add support for media (video and audio) which will grab the attention of many users as it massively expands the supported file-types. Video is an ongoing request since forever and audio could be used for voice messages or that kind of content. For this I will use FFmpeg, it will be a great experience to extend the scope of the software.

Funny times 🥳.

Hope you like the update,
Rodolfo.
Hello

If i got you correct in version V4 users can upload their videos right? Example 5 or 10 seconds? Something like Tik tok ?

2020-11-14

Last days I've been working in the processing for the application, which is a really interesting topic because V4 will run background jobs distributed in several workers, using RabbitMQ for messaging. This allows me to add extra attributes for the job, like priority or delay time. With this it will be feasible to charge users for getting a higher priority, or to delay everything except those who pay a minimum fee to use the service. Workers could be spawned in many different machines (same network, come on) and it will make feasible to run the application in ridiculously high demand use cases, which is something that is becoming normal as everyday I see how big websites keeps growing.

This processing is not only to scale the application, but also to support more machine-heavy tasks that could take minutes or even hours to complete. Thanks to this, V4 can go further and add support for media (video and audio) which will grab the attention of many users as it massively expands the supported file-types. Video is an ongoing request since forever and audio could be used for voice messages or that kind of content. For this I will use FFmpeg, it will be a great experience to extend the scope of the software.

Funny times 🥳.

Rodolfo.
Now I'm interested!
This is a new level.

Hello

If i got you correct in version V4 users can upload their videos right? Example 5 or 10 seconds? Something like Tik tok ?
Yes, actually it will depend on your settings and hardware. Video can be heavy demanding for processing.

Great.I can't wait that big update.What is about style? Whole front page will stay the same, or will have some changes too?
It will be a headless API so anyone will be able to pick their own front-end for it. Asking me how the front will look feels like trashing the concept of "bring your own user interface".

I won't work in the default user interface until the very end, so I can make sure that it will be completely decoupled. I don't know how much it will vary, I'm not working on it at this time.

2020-11-14

Funny times 🥳.

Rodolfo.
Really excited about this. With Video support and FFmpeg, I think we can finally have a Video to GIF converter which is one of the hottest feature in image hosting these days.

I will await this with bated breath. For a site that is just beginning and has specific needs in mind, the Video portion is absolutely paramount to me moving from the free to the paid subscription.

I am hoping that with the decoupling of the interface you will include at the very least a basic interface that we can work with to get going. I would love to be able to expand on what is there.

Just a thought:
- Ability to rotate photos through the front page images.
- Ability to select photos already in the system TO rotate through the front page.

Either way, I will be purchasing the full version. Likely today.

Thank you for a wonderful product.

Is there any chance that you can consider adding support for 360 degree images?
v3.17 will add that, the feature has been already shipped in beta releases.

I am hoping that with the decoupling of the interface you will include at the very least a basic interface that we can work with to get going. I would love to be able to expand on what is there.
I've the intention to ship a basic interface for the HTML client front, but a more powerful admin dashboard. This is because everybody wants its own unique look, so for V4 I want to drive more attention to the administrative / moderation tasks. I believe that will make the difference in how much of your time you have to spend managing the system, making it more easier to work with.

For user front I expect even more great stuff, like each user interface providing its own front manager. Decoupling the user interface also means that we can have many interfaces. The possibilities are just huge, and it shouldn't be that crazy to see at some point user interface clients with their own realm of software add-ons.
Either way, I will be purchasing the full version. Likely today.
👏Thank you, glad you enjoy the software!

@Rodolfo I am sure I am overlooking the answer to this. as I have seen the question and a non specific answer on several forums.

I am building an aerial photography site. There will be many photographers in the mix. I would like to be able to create an album and allow multiple photographers access to edit it.

The primary reason for this is it is highly likely that there will be more than one pilot at a specific customer or site. I would prefer not to have to collect the photos outside of Chevereto, only to have to collate them back into the site.

What I have seen is that the request has been made. If it's coming in V4, thats awesome. but it looked as though it might have had a release in this version. Hoping I am just blind and overlooking it.

Thank you sir. Much appreciate your efforts.

@Rodolfo I am sure I am overlooking the answer to this. as I have seen the question and a non specific answer on several forums.

I am building an aerial photography site. There will be many photographers in the mix. I would like to be able to create an album and allow multiple photographers access to edit it.

The primary reason for this is it is highly likely that there will be more than one pilot at a specific customer or site. I would prefer not to have to collect the photos outside of Chevereto, only to have to collate them back into the site.

What I have seen is that the request has been made. If it's coming in V4, thats awesome. but it looked as though it might have had a release in this version. Hoping I am just blind and overlooking it.

Thank you sir. Much appreciate your efforts.
If not too much of a pain in the ass, I would like to offer another suggestion. Viewer only accounts. Wheras I have the ability as administrator to assign which albums(s) they have access to.

The use case behind that would be something like real estate. Where you may have an agent that has many listings. I would like them to be able to login and only see the albums that they should be able to see.

Thank you

@Rodolfo what's so funny ? im a customer asking for a question !
I find funny when people ask for a release date, specially in a topic where I'm narrating the ongoing work in progress. I take it like asking me if I forgot to announce the release date?

since 2019 yea
Calm down sir, we have got 130 releases in Chevereto series V3, that means, almost 2 releases per month, and always fresh hotfixes, and even early access for beta testers, + he is constantly improving the cms and tryng to implement always new functions, beside the whole thing he is working on Chevere tho (watch Github progress), + somehow he manages to find a free time even to update free version of Chevereto for the folks, and at end of the day people like you crying him a river, so whats point of asking all the time for release date of v4, chill little bit and enjoy the developing progress, rome was not built in a day, cheers...

Last edited:
Calm down sir, we have got 130 releases in Chevereto series V3, that means, almost 2 releases per month, and always fresh hotfixes, and even early access for beta testers, + he is constantly improving the cms and tryng to implement always new functions, beside the whole thing he is working on Chevere tho (watch Github progress), + somehow he manages to find a free time even to update free version of Chevereto for the folks, and at end of the day people like you crying him a river, so whats point of asking all the time for release date of v4, chill little bit and enjoy the developing progress, rome was not built in a day, cheers...
I dont post often but i follow this forum time to time and the reason i asked this is because here at Can anyone make Video Plugin? | Chevereto Community Tomsit mentioned that v4 was on its way in october 2018
and its 2021 almost
So i think i have the right to ask and know about the progress
The one that should calm down is you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back