• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Building the next-gen Chevereto (old topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2021-04-05

I haven't worked on V4 at all during the past few weeks. This is because I'm doing massive changes in V3 to provide more reliable software and my goal is to carry a large application update so I can be more focused in V4 after that.

It has been always a constant struggle to work in these two projects at the same time, specially because V3 and V4 are very different architectures. I have realized that V3 needed a higher production standard and that's what I'm doing with 3.19.

It sucks to don't have news on V4, but afterall is V3 which pays the bills.

2021-04-25

There's have been a change of plans and the release I've been disclosing in this topic should be considered from now on as Chevereto V5. This is because Chevereto V4 has been re-versioned to keep the existing V3 evolution line. As a result of this, the new V4 will start its releases soon as September 2021.

Also, licensing for Chevereto V5 won't be Open Source.

To avoid any misunderstanding I will archive this topic and open a new one when I get something neat to share about Chevereto V5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back