• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Beta testing is now required for all new releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Dear users,

It has come to my attention that in release 3.18.1 I caused some trouble due to the requirement of the webp format. This situation affected ~7% of those who downloaded 3.18.1, less than 0.1% of all installations. It affected this small portion of users because on Saturday morning I halted access to the conflicting release. I did this because even after publishing a hotfix many users just ran in panic and it was evident that the requirement was too much and it will just get worse.

I will keep pushing more modern libraries and requirements for Chevereto V3 until the LTS ends, but I don't want to cause this panic again. That's why I'm making the beta channel the main releases stream channel from now.

All new releases will be first released to beta testers only and it will remain restricted once all quirks and known-issues gets over which could take days, weeks or even months depending on how long beta testers take. Bug tracking and support will be normally delivered for these beta users in the main channels.

Beta access will be restricted to 50 people, currently there are 37 so I will grant beta access to 13 users requesting it right here in this topic.

We could have polls for beta members after every release in threads
Will see how it unwraps, I don't want to keep adding plans for this kind of stuff. Lets see how it goes and shape it to the use case/needs.

All new releases will be first released to beta testers only and it will remain restricted once all quirks and known-issues gets over which could take days, weeks or even months depending on how long beta testers take. Bug tracking and support will be normally delivered for these beta users in the main channels.
Beta testing may takes months. Sounds like a pretty long time, even the best of the best software are not bug free. Hopefully it will not take too long to add new features.

I would like to join beta testing again as well :)

Update: Nvm i already see i have V3 Beta Tester badge so idk if i'm already in this new beta testing stage as well.

I can also but often I test locally and very often it works. This is not the case with accommodation. Or else I have to build a test base. In addition I am French and the English language is by translate google. . You can register me and I will see if I have to continue. GP

Many thanks to the new beta testers, there's now 42 testers and only 8 seats are left. I will carry updates again shortly, and re-enable 3.18.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back