• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Best host for Chevereto?

ndbiaw

Chevereto Noob
I was going to buy Chevereto, but the problem is that I only want to use it for about 3 months. I'm looking for a host for Chevereto, but not too premium. I only need one server enough for a small website with less than 200,000 traffic per day. Can you give me some suggestions?
And one more small question: Can I delete my website and resell the license to someone else?

You can go with hetzner cloud, they are very cheap and includes 20TB traffic in their cloud plans. Chevereto also has a free version if you can manage without the extra features,

Sorry, I don't have any experience with Asian web hosts. But you could check out OVH. They are solid in EU/US and also has locations in Asia.

Check this OVH VPS and pair it with cloudflare or some other CDN provider.

Vultr have Tokyo, Seoul & Singapore, yes I'm still on Vultr & think they are excellent.

Vultr have Tokyo, Seoul & Singapore, yes I'm still on Vultr & think they are excellent.

Vultr is also good. I'd just go for any the top companies in the industry. They have fair pricing and usually locations world wide, and for 3 months it doesn't matter that much which you choose of the most known hosts. Vultr, OVH, Linode etc..

I use BigWetFish and B2.

Also are you looking for something managed (like cpanel already installed and you just press a button and you're good to go) or something you set up yourself (you install your own software, etc)

Avoid DigitalOcean if hosting adult content. They also don't care about your data and will delete your server without reasons.
Always read the TOS and don't read Trustpilot reviews, people are far more likely to go on the internet to complain than they are to say something nice ;)

That! A lot of company's don't like Chevereto or any file/image sharing software on their shared hosting plans and will delete your plan without any warning.

Services limiting Chevereto have that policy because it can get very heavy to run it under low effort setups. This is because stuff like sending transnational emails, using your own smtp server or hosting images that will be able to embed elsewhere completely trash stuff like "unlimited bandwidth" as it makes a heavy usage of the system resources.

If you use external storage and a dedicated SMTP provider is a completely different story, however, there's still elements causing heavy resource usage on large installations, specially sessions and mono server.

This is about to change as Dockerized V3 is becoming a real thing and it will push provisioning to a state we never had before.

Is it possible to implement api in such a a way that we host our rackets images on our tennis gear reviews blog, without consuming the main bandwidth? and also to allows our members to upload images directly to our review site without contacting us each time?

Dedicated Server
OVH, Scaleway, Hetzner......

VPS
OVH, Netcup, Hetzner Cloud, Vultr.....
scaleway is expensive as hell, €455 for 32 cores / 64 threads cpu. You can get same for like €150 a month at Hetzner.

scaleway is expensive as hell, €455 for 32 cores / 64 threads cpu. You can get same for like €150 a month at Hetzner.
Special Offer

gJnjpT.png

I thought I'd share!

I use spectraip dedicated server located in the Netherlands, I got a custom dedicated with NVME for the OS and 16 TB RAID 1 HDD for the images.

What I like about them is that they ignore DMCA, which is a plus for me since I work and study and I don't have that much time to go ahead and delete images with copyrighted stuff.

They also have VPS's that are unmanaged, meaning you have to install everything but they are well priced, not expensive at all. The best thing they are generous in SSD storage.

If you are looking for something up north, terrahost and sibyl are pretty good too that ignore DMCA. (More expensive since they are located in Norway).

Instead of CloudFlare I'm using DDoSGuard to protect all my sites and also to help me serve all the static files and images with their CDN.

The worst thing you can do is to use Hetzner as your provider, a single fake abuse complaint and you are required to do something within 24 hours. If you still want to use Hetzner, you can get a cheap vps from spectra or sibyl and make a proxy with nginx, so that all the abuse complaints go to spectra/sibyl.

Cheers

Back