• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

best advice fresh install?

RayJohnson

Chevereto Noob
hi everyone,

sorry if wrong section.

i currently run 3.8.7 and would like to update to 3.10.8 for new features and invisible captcha but also a lot of paths have changed and junk files from previous versions (like before pages move to /content/pages wanna remove my custom edits/overrides/routes lalala) what's the best way to do a fresh "files" install but keep user accounts, pics ect?

thanks.

If you want everything clean, you could just import the old database? Set up a secondary server and install it from scratch and move the images before you make the changes live. It's allowed to have two installs on the same domain, eg; newinstall.yourdomain.tld

Last edited:
If you want everything clean, you could just import the old database? Set up a secondary server and install it from scratch and move the images before you make the changes live. It's allowed to have two installs on the same domain, eg; newinstall.yourdomain.tld

I'm thinking deleting everything inside "public_html" (apart from "img" folder where the images are) then upload 3.10.8 files and on install enter my db details, everything will be fine?

Just upload all files and you will be fine.

I wish to remove junk/unneeded files from older version which are no longer used including customizations/overrides

...Then keep the image folder and get rid of everything else. The database will be there so when you setup and provide the mysql credentials the thing will just work.

By the way, keep in mind that the free edition comes "as-is". If you encounter any issue you are on your own.

...Then keep the image folder and get rid of everything else. The database will be there so when you setup and provide the mysql credentials the thing will just work.

By the way, keep in mind that the free edition comes "as-is". If you encounter any issue you are on your own.

Hi,

I did this, and for some reason logo, favicon and all profile pictures/covers were lost? I was able to recover logo and favicon from backup (/content/images/system) but can't find where all the profile and cover photos were stored?

EDIT: Do i need to restore the /content/images/users folder?

I've a network licence until 4.x :)

Last edited:
If you have a license then open a support ticket because you are posting as a non-client. I didn't say a word about it before because for me is very arkward to always ask for license upfront.

If you don't own a license then don't expect more help from me because you are using the paid edition and it seems that you are using a pirated version. In such case I won't help you anymore and I can't spare my time helping people that doesn't even buy my paid stuff.

If you have a license then open a ticket, here: https://chevereto.com/panel/support

Topic closed.

Back