• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Automatic deletion of guest's images after x days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elodie

Chevereto Member
Greetings,

Often, guests come to upload a picture and don't come back. Several of the pictures are useless, not interesting or vulgar.

I would like be able to remove old guest's pictures. After x days of retention : Automatic deletion of guest's pictures.

This feature could encourage users to create an account to avoid deletion. Users are often more responsible and serious.

Thanks so much to take in consideration my request :)

I like the idea, guest usually upload junk and it will encourage them to get an account.

How about a more advanced implementation?
With user groups and we can define storage space, storage time, max upload size, bandwidth for each user group.
Something like guests, users, premium users, special users etc.

And at least this will just works with daily cronjobs, otherwise if you just run one time the clean button, let me say one time after few months, it can happen that your server will crash, at least maybe not but still you will reach hard server-loads, i mean if you host huge amount of data... Its better to make it from begin on for Users an alert message like: "You as Guest can upload so much pitures as you want, but the limit to host them on our servers is just for 31 days, so please make an Account to unlock the limit."
And yea, indeed i m against it too, against Guests who just came to use the service for some random adult pictures.

P.S
And its always better to have huge number of Users in your DB, than to have just Guests..

How about a more advanced implementation?
With user groups and we can define storage space, storage time, max upload size, bandwidth for each user group.
Something like guests, users, premium users, special users etc.

I like the idea of this, I would love to have member options like guest, free, VIP ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back