• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Auto resize image when upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

VCCN

Chevereto Member
Auto resize of images
I know this was an feature earlier, and has been removed.
Many people upload images in full resolution - would be great to have a setting that says
"Max image resolution: 1650 - resize automatically if image exeeds this limit"

Actually the thing is that I'm very paranoid with things like these. Do an automatic resize for each image above certain size is a good idea but the server will just burn with that. Way to do this is by doing the resize client side, using JavaScript.

I know that for 99% users out there is not relevant how I will do this, but I think that it should be there before 4.x.

Client side resizing will be a great way to move forward. I hate it when bunch of people upload multiple 10+MB image on my server at the same time and it takes 100% CPU cycles on my VPS for a noticeable time to generate thumbnails and medium image, leaving the site unresponsive momentarily.

Yes, I am aware of that. That's why I am voting +1 for client side resizing instead of server side. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back