• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Arvixe .. the worst hosting company ever

tryimg

Chevereto Member
I'm glad Chevereto is not dealing with Arvixe anymore. Every year they just get on my nerves. Last year they renewed my hosting automatically. Nothing was written in their terms, and there was no option in the control panel to turn off the auto-renewal even. This time, they just hiked the price 2x and from $60 they just billed me $96. As an explanation this is what they are informing me over live chat.

Can anyone recommend me any alternative company?

tk4wc.png

Just to add on to the conversation. I asked them to turn off my auto-renewal and they are saying it cannot be turned off. WTF?

tk7Hv.png

When I started to do business with Arvixe it was a totally different hosting company. I even made the deal directly with the owner of the company at that time (late 2015). I won't go into details, but the problems started after the company was bought and somehow the brand got poorly damaged in that process.

It is very sad what is happening to you and bests that you can do is to open a PayPal dispute or issue a chargeback. In any case, no one has the right to force a renewal like that.

If I may ask, how much were you paying originally, and per month or per year? And what space, BW, etc.... And what they charge you now.

Arvixe was a nightmare! Still can't think about how stupid was there service. I took Arvixe to get free Chevereto license, but within a month I had to find another server to host my site just cos they can't handle my site which I ran 2 years on Hostgastor. Then I used to run my other sites which were all down multiple times a week without any reason.

There support was so bad I had to ask them to cancel my account when I had 4 months left and there was no option for refund. But such a relief that I don't have to deal with them anymore.

That reminds me. Will my network license expire if I don't renew ny TMD hosting next year?

If I may ask, how much were you paying originally, and per month or per year? And what space, BW, etc.... And what they charge you now.
They were supporting pretty good amount of data. I don't know now. I just deleted my account from them and moved on.

Arvixe was a nightmare! Still can't think about how stupid was there service. I took Arvixe to get free Chevereto license, but within a month I had to find another server to host my site just cos they can't handle my site which I ran 2 years on Hostgastor. Then I used to run my other sites which were all down multiple times a week without any reason.

There support was so bad I had to ask them to cancel my account when I had 4 months left and there was no option for refund. But such a relief that I don't have to deal with them anymore.

My website so far faced no issue. I was hosting 120GB of files with them on the same account that I bought with Chevereto license. But now I had to move away because of their strange price hikes. Since CloudLinux became popular, most of the hosting companies are providing pretty stable service if they are using it. Btw, my website is totally AD FREE, so I got ZERO income from the website. Because of that, I don't spend much on the server cost. I'm now hosting over 175GB of files, with over 500,000 images. Unfortunately my database backup was not recovered from Arvixe so from the control panel, it looks like a purely new website, but all the files are still there and the hotlinks are valid.

Years go but their service is still horrible.
It is important to be very careful when you choose a hosting company for your business. I myself made a similar mistake at the beginning of my career, going with a cheap hosting provider. My greed got me in trouble because this company simply disappeared after a week of usage along with my money. My next choice was made with the help of 28msec.com that allowed me to understand all possible offers in comparison and corresponding to my conditions. This blog has become a real salvation because I haven't encountered any problems for several years and all this time I have been using one hosting provider- BlueHost.

It is important to be very careful when you choose a hosting company for your business. I myself made a similar mistake at the beginning of my career, going with a cheap hosting provider. My greed got me in trouble because this company simply disappeared after a week of usage along with my money. My next choice was made with the help of 28msec.com that allowed me to understand all possible offers in comparison and corresponding to my conditions. This blog has become a real salvation because I haven't encountered any problems for several years and all this time I have been using one hosting provider- BlueHost.
Not all cheap hosting providers are instantly bad, I use shared hosting from Namecheap for €1,54 a month and have zero complains, good and understanding customer service and no crazy limits like 1GB bandwith per month.

I made my first site using Arvixe back in 2013, in 2014 I discovered Linode and Serverpilot.io. I have not used any shared hosting provider since.

I'm surprised they are still around tbh, their website and products have not changed at all since 2013.

They don't support php7.4 for now. If I need php7.4 I have to pay more. That mean I can't upgrade to v3.20.4 can't use V4 ... I think I should looking for new hosting company.

Back